Thursday, May 3, 2012

My Belly {13 Weeks}

It's time for you to get excited, because for the next 27 weeks, every Thursday will be everyone's favorite BumpDates! 
Cue eye-roll. Sorry folks, I've gotta do it! 

But, at least you get to see photos of me and my ever-expanding waistline. 
Starting with this:
 Please excuse my photo...I had just gotten off a plane.
As you can see there's really not a bump to be found yet. I can notice a slight difference, but nothing noticeable yet...except for the insane increase in my chest.

Nugget this week...
*is growing vocal chords and teeth!
*already has fingerprints!
*and the intestines are making their way from the umbilical chord to their permanent home in the tummy. 

Size of the baby?  
Almost 3 inches long! About the size of a sweet lil Georgia peach.

Total Weight Gain/Loss?  
I've gained just over 4 pounds. 

Maternity Clothes?  
I have one maternity tank top from Old Navy that I practically live in and a maternity swimsuit that I obviously have yet to wear. Aside from those essentials I think the plan is just to buy things as I need them and as my current clothes get too small.

Stretch marks?  
No stretch marks but my tummy is super itchy from that stretching skin! My mom recommended using Olive Oil (could she be any more Greek?) so I'm going to start trying that and also am going to buy some cocoa butter ASAP!

Best Moments?  
I had a doctor's appointment last week and the baby finally looks like a baby on the ultrasound. No more blob! Baby looks perfect, has a strong heart beat and is big for it's age (go figure).  I also got to hear the heartbeat for the first time and saw the baby move. It was the most incredible thing I've ever seen. 
11 weeks + 6 days

Movement? 
Not yet. 

Food Cravings?  
Really no cravings, but nothing ever sounds good. I literally have to force myself to eat.

Anything making you queasy or sick? 
Nothing specific but I haven't felt all that great all week, which I think probably has to do with the really busy last couple of weeks and traveling. 

What I miss?  
Being able to sleep through the night without having to use the restroom. 

What I'm looking forward to?  
Seeing that baby bump! I'm at the awkward, "I've put on weight but don't have a bump" phase, so I'm looking forward to actually having a belly. 

Nausea/Vomiting?  
I've been getting queasy on and off throughout the day, usually if I haven't eaten in a while, but no vomiting, thank God! 

Labor signs?  
Still have a while before I need to start worrying about that! 

Gender? 
I was certain it was a girl, but now I'm totally feeling boy!

Belly Button In or Out?  
Still IN.

Wedding rings On or Off?  
All my rings are still on.

Sleep?  
I'm still super tired all the time so I sleep really well, but I have to get up at least once to use the bathroom every night. 

Wisdom?  
My mom gave me some great wisdom when I was totally worn out and starting to lose my mind, she said, "Your body is working overtime, so you need to give yourself a break. You need to understand you're not going to have the energy to take on everything like you did before. It's OK to say 'no' and take time for yourself to rest."
TRUE DAT MAMA!

READ all of my bumpdates by clicking HERE! 


24 comments:

Ruthie Hart said...

I am going to be looking forward to Thursdays now!! I love that your hubby is going to take pics with you! So adorable. PS I went to A&M and he is in an A&M shirt!

Schnelle said...

YAYYY for bump update Thursdays! Your last sonogram must have been so exciting!

Erin said...

I DEFINITELY am going to look forward to your Bumpdates! My hubby doesn't get the obsession w/ belly pics either-- I'll be like "Oh look, our friend Cassie posted a pic! Look how big she's getting!" or something... and he's all "Uhhh, okay?!"

How awesome to see the lil babe!! How often will you get ultrasounds? I am clueless!

lauren said...

hi! i stumbled upon your blog via Schnelle... Congratulations ! :)

Anonymous said...

Your mama is soooo wise!

Gina said...

Too cute! Love your husbands photo.

Sarah said...

I love that your mom is so greek!I just bought Bio Oil and I love it. It's slightly greasy but I know so many people who rave about! I also felt like my babe is a girl.. I still do! Don't you love their little wiggly bodies! It's still so crazy to me that I have life inside of me!

Jenny Strickland said...

YAY! I will look forward to Thursdays now!

Carolyn said...

Bumpdates! YAY! :)

I love that pic of J. Seriously. Makes me laugh every time. Please say this will be every week. HAHA

Unknown said...

OK that picture of your husband is priceless - I hope he continues to join in the bump-date pictures haha!

ajs {of MN} said...

CUTE! I look forward to all of the BUMPdates :)

Your wisdom reminded me of a post that I did nearing the end of my pregnancy- and if i recall you like turtles so you might like this post if not for the words, than at least the pic :D

http://keepingupwiththesonneks.blogspot.com/2011/05/tuesday-tenies-wk-21.html

your mom is SO right, take a break when your body is telling you to- b/c its really that baby saying, "Mommy take it easy, let daddy do it!"

Unknown said...

Haha! The photo of your husband made me laugh! That is something mine would do!! Congrats and I am now following your blog because I am excited to follow your journey!

Katie said...

Awww yay! BUMPDATES are going to be my new fav on your blog :) JASON IS HILAR! HAHAHA please leave him out next time ;) jk. I want your chest.

k bye :)

CUTE LITTLE BAMBINO IN THERE!

Jessica said...

Your mom is very wise!! Sleep and rest when your body says to. :)

Jessica said...

Your mom is very wise!! Sleep and rest when your body says to. :)

Caroline said...

So cute!

caitlin said...

hahah I just had my first baby 3 weeks ago and my husband totally did not understand why I was taking pictures of my bump every week either.

Anonymous said...

Cute photo! Love that your husband is in the photos too. Can't wait to read your next update!

Maura said...

i love the pic of your hubs! too funny. i don't think any guys get bump pictures. sooo exciting that you heard the heartbeat!!

Angie said...

I love bump pics and baby updates so I'm totally looking forward to these. I post my updates every week as well! Your mom gave you great advice. Listen to your body, if it says rest then rest!!!

Kristen said...

i love it and tell jason i want to see the pics!! boys are so silly.

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

hi! stopping over from the kentucky priss! this is so freaking cute! my BF would be the same way, he never understands half the pictures I wanna take...but i love that he did a pic too!! so excited to follow your journey! new follower!

xo

Husby's mama said...

Good girl, listen to your mama. Your mama rocks. AND Hmmmmm, maybe boy. Good size, extra long, been there. LOVE YOU! Have great weekend!

Young and Fabulous said...

YESS!! was hoping you would do a weekly thing!!

and look at those BUBBIESS!! i wanna squeeze. wouldnt that be awkward? hahah

lil georgia peach!!

dsaiejw

see that random assortment of letters? that was a cat walking on my laptop and i felt like leaving it hahahahah

soooo awesome that you havent had any sickness yet!! i hope im like that hahah

EEE so excited for these baby G!!

xoxox