Tuesday, August 4, 2015

August Goals

So my whole Happiness Project / Health Related July goals kind of went down the crapper about mid-month. While July was super fun,  I felt anxious and stressed for almost the entire second half of it and as a result totally ignored my goals. HOWEVER, in an attempt to stick with the happiness project, I am not going to beat myself up about it. Life Happens. Sometimes things are just tougher than usual and that's OK. I didn't get enough "points" to reward myself with a new swimsuit but I did average 10,775 steps a day, squeezed in 11 workouts and only went to Starbucks 5 times {which is really a huge win if you ask me} and I also won my DietBet and made a little cash while shedding a couple of pounds. 

I had August slated to be the Time Management month and that truthfully couldn't have come at a better time as this month is JAM FLIPPIN PACKED. I really want to start getting in to more of a weekday routine but I know myself well enough to know that this month is not the month to do it. I will be out of town 2 of this month's weekends and between fun plans, packing, moving and working it's going to be really tough to settle in to a routine and so I'm going to save that for September. Instead I need to use August to GET.STUFF.DONE. So, I'm taking a 1 month hiatus from the Happiness Project Goals and instead am making a list of stuff I MUST accomplish this August {and a couple of other little things as well}.
  • DECLUTTER the heck out of our townhouse. I do not want anything that we don't need or use coming with us to the new house so decluttering every nook & cranny is an absolute must.
  • GO TO THE POOL. I now have less than 30 days left with my beloved pool, so as silly as it is, getting some time in must be a priority. 
  • POST to mama and mou every week day. I love this blog and hate when I let it slip, so I really want to make time to get a post up every day and spend time reading your posts as well! 
  • WORKOUT at least 16 times. While it's a busy month, I can't let the workouts slip so if I can workout 16 times that will be every other day this month. 30 minutes is all it takes and who doesn't have 30 minutes to spare a day?
  • PULL OFF the most epic and awesome Bachelorette Party ever. We're less than 2 weeks away from my besties Las Vegas Bach Party - crunch time to make it awesome. 
  • KEEP MY COOL. I could fill several blog posts with all the stuff I need to do this month but that would be boring. I get overwhelmed looking at this month's calendar and to-do list but I can do it and it's a goal to do it as calmly and stress-free as possible! 

What are your goals this month? 






6 comments:

BLovedBoston said...

Great minds think alike - totally have my goals today too! You can 100% get these done and I see a lot of pool time in your future!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

Kayla MKOY said...

Time management is a HUGE key to happiness I think. I need to work at that. I always say "I wish I was a morning person". You know the kinda girl who can wake up two hours before work, read a book while she sips coffee or whatever, have time to workout, AND maybe even curl my hair. I never make it happen but always WANT to!!!! Maybe this is the month to do it!!! Can't wait to see how august goes for you!

Erin LFF said...

I know this month is JAM PACKED for you, but you are still gonna' rock it out and on Sept 1 you'll be like "DANG I'M GOOD!" ;) I am loving all your posts lately so keep Mama and Mou rolling!

Karen said...


Our Green Bay Packers Banner measures a huge 2x8 feet, is constructed of thick weather resistant nylon, and is embroidered with the Green Bay Packers NFL team logo as shown. Our Green Bay Packers Banner includes ten (10) reinforced metal grommets around the perimeter for easy hanging at your next tailgate party, in your sports room, or as an interior or exterior "gameday" decoration.
stars and stripes flags,
football flags salecheap New Orleans Saints american banners
New York Jets house divided flags

Karen said...

Il Chelsea 16-17 terzo kit dispone di una combinazione di colori tradizionale in bianco e blu. Realizzato da Adidas, la nuova terza maglia del Chelsea 2016-2017 è stato rilasciato il 29 luglio ed è impostato per funzionare come Maglia nelle Coppe.maglie calcio poco prezzo,
maglie da calcio a poco prezzo, Maglia AS Roma 2017
Maglia inter milan outlet

John said...

coach outlet store online
gucci borse
abercrombie
pandora bracelet
jordan shoes
michael kors handbags clearance
polo ralph lauren pas cher
michael kors bags
coach outlet store
longchamp bags
20161228yuanyuan