Thursday, April 7, 2016

Hospital Photography

One of the things I really regret about Kenley's birth is not taking more photos in the hospital. Sure, we took a photo of everyone who came to visit and snapped a bunch on our phones, but I really wish we had quality photos from the day that changed our lives forever and definitely more photos of us as a brand new family of three. I've seen some absolutely beautiful hospital shots and it makes me really jealous and kind of sad that I don't have those for Kenley.

With Ziggy boy on the way, I am enlisting one of my best buddies and super star photographer Sara of Sara Jayne Photography to come to the hospital and document our time there. The actual birth itself will still be just me and Jason but I can't wait for Sara to visit us afterwards once we are in recovery and all cleaned up! I am really excited to have these photos and have been looking at inspiration and ideas via Pinterest {obviously}. Here are some of my favorites: 
newborn hospital photography:
hospital | derksen photography blog:
So sweet:
Hospital Photography:
newborn photography - hospital room:
first day hospital photography session  Image by Life Through a Lens Photography  www.ltlphotos.com: great hospital pic.:
photography by rachel thurston:
Now please excuse me while I go apply more makeup, because seeing newborn babies puts me right over the edge these days!

Follow me on Pinterest or check our my Hospital Photography board to see more! 


Did any of you have professional hospital photos taken? Any tips?

11 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh my gosh, these are precious!!! Especially the one of the sister holding the baby on the hospital bed! My heart is melting!

P!nky said...

SJ does such amazing work, I'm so glad you've found her and will have someone you trust and love with you.

Bridget said...

This is something I plan to do with the 3rd (& final) baby. I regret not having them with Turner and Maddox and wish I would have splurged for them. 3rd times a charm I guess :) I can't wait to see Ziggy & Kenley together!!!

Lauren Honeycutt said...

Awww that's SUCH a good idea! I can only imagine that Kenley and Ziggy will be the cutest pair!

Erin LFF said...

Yayyy! I just know these pictures will turn out so SO amazing. It's still crazy to me that that little girl up there looks like Kenley lol!

Christelle said...

I have no doubt your friend and amazing photographer will do an awesome job!! Her photos are so beautiful! Having just seen the ADORABLE baby photos my SIL and brother just had made of my newborn nephew...I'm sitting here at my desk needing to re-apply my makeup, too! AHHHH!!! Can't wait to see your sweet Ziggy and big sister Kenley together (that big sister/baby photo...OMG)!

Kelsey @ Random Randts said...

We are doing this too!!! I'm so excited to have those special shots - that I may be too wrapped up in my new babe to take myself!!! :)

Kayla MKOY said...

UM that little girl holding her baby brother LOOKS like Kenley!! LOL! So adorable. I love this :) the photos are just going to be amazing!!

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

Is it weird this gives me emotional goosebumps? I want to have similar photos - last time I regret not having someone there who could use a camera properly (haha).

Unknown said...

Hello Kristin! Congratulations for your baby. You guys have a great photo session. Lovely! I like the first photo the most, the foots of baby Kenley. Yes of course, these are the memories that going to last forever. Now it's time to think about all other baby stuffs. You'll surely need to have a big shopping, but stay little conscious while choosing the baby products. Some products available in the market may not be good for your baby, so stay alert. A Few Words About Baby Products.

ajs {of MN} said...

cant wait for these!!! ill do this with my next one, HA... in my dreams! :D