Monday, April 19, 2010

Hiatus

I'm sure you millions of avid readers have been wondering where my titillating posts have gone, and I will be honest with you, I had a breakdown.

It started last Wednesday and 5:00am...on the scale. I gained a pound. Now, last week I worked harder than I have since I started this weight loss adventure over a year ago, I walked 17.2 miles, 3 of which I RAN. I ran a mile three days in a row, which might now seem like much but believe me, for me, it's a huge deal! On top of that I was really watching and counting all my calories and then I gained. After talking to my best friend, Libby, who is a personal trainer and yoga instructor extraordinaire, I got some answers but to me they felt more like excuses. Your weight can fluctuate depending on the time of the month, how much sleep you got, how much stress you're under, what foods you ate the night before and she's so sweet she even told me it's probably because I am actually gaining muscle and when that fat converts to muscle it gets heavier. All reasonable ideas and all very possibly factors, nontheless, I was pissed. I want to see results and I want to see them on the scale. Seeing that number drops is what motivates me.

In addtion, I felt extremely stressed about work. I think the lack of sleep, super long hours and extreme responsibility finally sunk in and I kind of lost it. I'm at the point where I feel comfortable with everything we're doing, I feel confident in our employees and now I'm ready for that line out the door and it's just not coming. I know it's only our second month and we have a lot of slow time ahead of us, but I'm just ready for this little coffee shop to rock it. I don't want to wait. Luckily, my boyfriend/business partner knows me better than I know myself and was able to sympathize and support me and then force me to snap out of it.

In light of this breakdown I took a couple of days so cry, whine and spend my free time sulking. Now, I'm feeling much better. Feeling somewhat motivated in the weight department and very motivated in the business department. I took some time to create a nice big To-Do list of projects I want to get done in the next few months which I am hoping give me something to do other than worry about work and worry about losing these last pounds. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Hugs for K! Don't worry, you will lose the weight. And even if you don't, you're still hot! :)

As for Coffee Buzz, it's an amazing place, and it will just take some time for everyone else to find that out! You will have lines in no time!

Loves!