Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Getting My Head On Straight

1. July has been nuts. 
2. I need help. 

To start let's talk about nuts-o July. It's been a whirlwind. We have been so busy and I have had so much on my plate, something had to give and unfortunately that had to be blogging. I knew it was bad when Katie texted me and asked if I was pregnant, because we all know being pregnant is the only reasonable excuse for not blogging. No, I am not pregnant. I've just been busy. And if you don't believe me, this past month I have...

...had a girls boat day, celebrated the 4th of July, took Kenley to dance class, spent a long weekend in Iowa, went to Vinny's 2nd birthday party,  modeled in a fashion show for Tzu Tzu Sport, assisted Sara Jayne Photography with a 3 month shoot, a special little monster shoot and my little sister's senior pictures (!), helped my dad with his biggest basketball tournament of the year, celebrated getting through my dad's biggest tournament of the year (a little lot too much), helped my dad's friend with his basketball camp in Texas, had a double date night, planned a baby shower, oh, and ran the coffee shop I'm working at while the manager was gone.
And now I'm just trying to recover and catch up...maybe clean my house and maybe get some sleep.

As for the "I need help" part...I need help! I am currently working 5 jobs. Yes, 5 jobs.The combination of these jobs is allowing me to have pretty much the perfect arrangement of Stay at Home Working Mom. I am working both in and out of the house. While all of these jobs are very much part-time, there's a lot on my plate and I'm at the point where I don't feel like I'm doing any of these jobs well. SO, I need to get organized. Which is where you come in. I know so many of you are working moms or stay at home moms or stay at home working moms...and even if you're not a mom...how do you do it all? How do you get yourself organized and manage your time so you can accomplish everything you need to AND still have time to blog? Because I miss blogging and never want to go 20 days without a post again! I'd really love to hear your tips and advice!!!


***and don't forget to check out yesterday's post because you could win a Febreze Noseblindness Product Pack AND a $60 AmEx gift card!!!****





15 comments:

Jess Beer said...

Glad you're back! My number one piece of advice is to find a way to organize that helps you...and number two is to carve out a little time for yourself every day - even if it's 30 minutes, and use that time to blog, read, etc. I can't believe you're working 5 jobs...that's crazy!

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

FIVE JOBS?! How in the world, lady? I wouldn't know where to be and when! I don't really have any suggestions other than make lots of lists and put everything on the calendar. It's the only way I manage (but again I do not have 5 jobs so...shew)

Unknown said...

Just realizing now why you looked so familiar at my daughter's 3 month shoot a few weeks back with Sara (7/15) - talk about mama brain! :) I started reading your blog when I was new(ish) to Minneapolis and looking for local bloggers to follow with a similar lifestyle to my own, and found your blog, but then took an extended blog-reading break when I started a new job, got married, etc. Now that I'm back at work and forced to sit down 3x/day, I've started catching up on blogs again. When you posted today, the pieces came together again! Anyway, long comment post short, it was SO nice to meet you during her shoot - I feel bad I didn't put two and two together sooner!

Kayla MKOY said...

I just feel like making a quick list of what's most important to get done EACH DAY will really help stay organized! I totally get you on the being-insanely-busy feeling! It can get pretty overwhelming!! Good luck :)

Anonymous said...

I work from home, have a daughter in similar age, am pregnant with another kiddo, and my "first" hobby is yoga. Blogging unfortunately has totally taken a backseat right now. I really like it as a hobby, but there just aren't enough hours in the day so something had to get put on the backburner. I still try to blog when I can, but I suck at it. So yeah, no advice, but I can relate :)

Amanda K. said...

i have two kids (almost 3 and 14 months) and blogging is hard...but to be honest, it's a priority for me because i just really, really enjoy it.
i let other things go (household, primarily) so i can blog at night or during naps. it's my "me" thing.

www.thekriegers.org

Melissa @ i carry your heart said...

I've been slacking on blogging too. I think it's easier to do in the summer! Here are some of my tips (many of them i'm sure you already do): meal planning, picking out clothes/packing lunches the night before, one load of laundry each night, and most importantly - forgiving yourself for not getting everything done :)

Terra Heck said...

Wow, you have been up to a lot! The only tip I can give is to not let it all overwhelm you. Take time to breathe.

Angie said...

You are in such a busy season of your life! I can't imagine how you do it all. My only advice is make lists. I love by lists!

ajs {of MN} said...

i have NO idea, and when you find out PLEASE lets hang out and you can fill me in!! ;)

柯云 said...

2016-03-02keyun
cheap jordans
louis vuitton
north face
michael kors
michael kors bags
louis vuitton handbags
pandora jewelry
mihchael kors outlet online sale
lebron 13
air force 1 trainers
abercrombie and fitch
p90x
ed hardy outlet
canada goose sale
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton handbags
concords 11
ugg boots
louis vuitton purses
tory burch shoes
true religion outlet
polo outlet
mont blanc mountain
canada goose outlet
mulberry uk
christian louboutin outlet
air max 95
timberlands
prada handbags
tory burch boots
beats by dre outlet
cheap rolex watches
cheap ugg boots
louis vuitton outlet stores
coach outlet
retro 11
hollister clearance
fake oakley sunglasses
coach factory outlet
burberry sale

mmjiaxin said...

air jordan shoes
skechers shoes
nike zoom kobe
jordan retro
nike kobe sneakers
hermes belt for sale
cheap jordans online
ray ban sunglasses
skechers shoes
huarache shoes
gg

John said...

fit flops
pandora outlet
michael kors outlet store
true religion outlet
true religion outlet online
stan smith adidas
coach factory outlet online
coach factory outlet online
birkenstock
pandora bracelet
20161228yuanyuan

Unknown said...

nike blazer
rolex replica watches
air max 90
christian louboutin outlet
michael kors handbags
new balance shoes
gucci sale
coach outlet online
nike free
fitflops sale clearance

Blogger said...

There's an exclusive new opportunity that is gaining rapid popularity online.

Big companies are paying regular people for giving their opinions!

You can make up to $75 per each survey!

And it is available to anybody from any country!