Friday, November 14, 2014

'Twas two years ago...

...that I woke up from a crappy night's sleep with contractions that I was in denial about being actual contractions because at 40 weeks + 6 days I didn't believe the baby would ever come out.

...that I watched Mean Girls, Clueless and Sleepless in Seattle to distract myself from the fact that the contractions were in fact real and were coming faster and stronger all day long.

...that I ate a Spinach Omelet Jalapeno Cheddar Bagel with Bacon, because that's what you eat when you're in labor.

...that contractions actually got to 1 minute long, every 5 minutes for and hour and therefore Jason called the doctor's office and I heard him saying "Whose birthday? My birthday?"....still cracks me up.

...that I put on mascara before leaving for the hospital which is hilarious to me now because every fiber of mascara was cried or sweated off over the course of the following 9 hours.

...that I was on my hands and knees in the back seat of my car while stuck in rush hour traffic on the way to the hospital but still managed to take a selfie {I really did put on mascara, I swear}.

...that Jason and I somehow managed to go in the wrong door and ended up in some back hallway of the hospital that was nowhere near where we needed to be and therefore took like 6 contractions {one of which was in an elevator with a cop} to make it to labor & delivery.

...that I asked the nurse to "check me like a cow" because the thought of being on my back for even two seconds was more than I could bear.

...that I realized and accepted that my plans for a natural childbirth was just more than I could handle and asked pleaded for an epidural.

...that our nurse accidentally, by a combination of words that Jason and I can't for the life of us remember, called our unborn baby a bitch. She was mortified, apologized at least 100 times and we could not stop laughing. 

...that I hung out with my mom and husband in a hospital room watching season 8 of Friends covered in warm blankets until it was time to, ya know, push out a kid. 

...that our nurse said "OK, you're ready to go", we responded with "OK, so like how much longer? An hour?" and she answered with "No. Right now. It's time to have your baby."


and tomorrow morning at 1:07am my Kenley will be two years old. TWO. 

Hold me.





13 comments:

Jessica said...

I literally got chills reading through this. Oh, how the time does fly. Can't believe your little gal is going to be two. Mercy.

Carolyn said...

BAH!!! I still can't believe this was two years ago!!!

Kelly B. said...

look at all that wrinkly loose skin! SO TINY! Man, time flies. I remember reading wedding recaps and the announcement and that feels like.. months ago. ha!

Katie said...

TWO YEARS! Oh my goodness. Love your friends watching and selfie in the car....pretty sure I WILL BE FREAKING OUT LOL

Unknown said...

Awe happy bday to your little gal !

Unknown said...

I saw the last picture and my eyes leaked. xo m

Melissa @ i carry your heart said...

Love this post. Why do our newborns think they can keep growing up? RUDE!! :)

Ms. Emmy N said...

Happy birthday Kenley! Hope you had a wonderful weekend celebrating!

Bridget said...

I can't believe this was 2 years ago. Love the convo between Jason and the nurse on the phone about who's birthday they were asking about! And the nurse accidentally blurting out 'bitch'....hilarious!

Kristin said...

Love!

ajs {of MN} said...

im going to play a little catch up today... i was virtually holding you all day on the BIG TWO! i think you handled yourself well ;)

raybanoutlet001 said...

zzzzz2018.5.3
coach outlet online
coach outlet online
snapbacks wholesale
ralph lauren outlet
new nike shoes
ugg boots
miami heat jersey
kate spade outlet online
true religion jeans
chrome hearts

love said...

zzzzz2018.7.24
canada goose outlet
ugg boots
ugg boots
christian louboutin sale
louboutin shoes
pandora jewelry
michael kors outlet online sale
oakley sunglasses
moncler uk
hermes belts