Monday, March 9, 2015

Motivated Monday

Welp, it's Monday. It's the day of the week I am without a doubt the least motivated and should probably be the most motivated. I had high hopes for a productive weekend as we had limited plans set but sometimes, you just need to lay around and do nothing, especially when the whole family isn't feeling 100%.  So now it's Monday and I am feeling like I need to catch up on all the things that didn't get done over the weekend AND stay up on all my usual stuff. 

I am, however, feeling pretty good about my #4WeeksFit goals so far. One week in to me and Erin's challenge, and I'm feeling good! If I can just replicate this first week of March, I think I'll be able to accomplish all the goals I set. 

goal 1. Drink 70oz of water each day.  My water intake was all in the green last week, but I'm not going to lie - I struggled. I don't know why it's so dang hard for me to drink water! 

goal 2. Run every training run. Done! I'm aiming for 3 runs a week - on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Due to a hectic schedule on Friday and not feeling the best on Saturday I "ran" yesterday. However, I was just not feeling it. Could I have pushed myself? Yes. Should I have pushed myself? Yes. But sometimes you just need to walk instead of run and enjoy the beautiful spring weather. I'm giving myself a pat on the back for lacing up my shoes and going out - even if I only ran a mile of the 5.25. 

goal 3. Average 12k steps a day. Thanks to those three runs and a super busy week, I was able to hit this goal pretty easily!

goal 4. Blast past the plateau. I am about 1.5 pounds away from that dreaded plateau number. I think if I just stick to healthy foods and keep up my run I will be able to FINALLY break past it by the end of the month. 

How are your monthly goals coming?


I'm linking up with Kelsey from Random Randts for Motivated Monday!
Kelsey @ Random Randts





8 comments:

Nadine said...

I run MWF too!! Looks like you are doing good with your goals. I completely agree...I wish there were weight gain plateaus! It is only fair!

Erin LFF said...

You are doing so great!! I did really bad on my steps a few days, but I'm getting better!! :)

Kayla MKOY said...

You killed it, girlfriend!!!!!! Go you!!

Laura Darling said...

Awesome! I totally agree that some days, you just need to walk!

ajs {of MN} said...

my goal of eating just ONE bag of doritos is going just finnnnneeee.... haha jk GIVE me some of that motivation!

Courtney B said...

You are killing it, girl! And the water drinking will get easier over time, I promise! You almost have to turn it into a habit before you start actually craving the water!

Kelsey @ Random Randts said...

Ugh!! I'm just now catching up on reading blogs and realized you tried to link up!!! :( I stopped the link up a couple weeks ago because no body was linking up!! Once #4weeksfit is over - we should chat about co-hosting another one - or maybe I'll bring it back!!! You are rocking your goals lady!!! :)

Katie @ yellowmangolife.blogspot.com said...

Girl good work...I'm impressed. The water thing? I'm the same way...probably because I'm generally only drinking venti starbucks. Gotta fix that. And your steps are impressive. My fitbit broke and I think I've used that as an excuse not to walk - or run - anywhere =)