Monday, August 2, 2010

We Did It!

Yesterday, me and my BB Carolyn ran our first 5k! We were both really nervous since neither one of us trained like we should have and we'd never ran one before but I am really proud of how we did! Our goal was to finish in under 45 minutes, we figured that's a 15 minute mile, and a very achievable goal. Well, we crushed our goal and finished in 37:51, which is a 12 minute mile! We jogged most of the way, took a couple walk breaks and then sprinted the very end! I am so glad I did this and am even more glad that my BB was by side to motivate me, I never would have done this without her!

AND, now I get to cross off another goal from my 30 Before 30 list!!!

7. Run a 5k

Of course, I got plenty of pictures from the race. Here are some of my favorites. 
 Before the race

Walking to the beautiful pavilion on Lake Como to start the race

Sprinting across the finish line!!!
 Post race hug from my boy :)
Hot, sweaty and glad it's over

WE DID IT BB!!!! 
 Must have post race lattes @ Day By Day Cafe in St. Paul
As for the rest of the weekend, it was amazingly awesome and super relaxing. J's sister, Nicole, who we haven't seen since March when she moved to Florida (I wrote about her in THIS POST) was in town for the weekend! So, Friday night we went to J's dad's for dinner.
Me and my beautiful first-best-friend and someday sister-in-law!
After dinner and catching up with Nicole, J and I went to the horse track for my friend Jackie's birthday! We had a blast and I won money on every race! Not a lot, but I left with more than I came with which is always a good thing!
Me and the birthday girl, Jackie!
Saturday, J and I worked all day and then met my dad for dinner. He just got home from two HUGE basketball tournaments in Las Vegas and Los Angeles, so it was fun to hear about his trip. I also set a new world record for the most waters drank at a Champps restaurant....I had at least seven huge glasses of water. I was soooo thirsty and was really paranoid about cramping during the 5k, so I was chugging the H-2-O.

Sunday morning was the race which we followed up by getting coffee with Jake and Carolyn, then we all went to Target to do some grocery shopping. Me, Jake and Carolyn are all starting P90x today (J started it last week), so we wanted to get some healthy foods to supplement the workout. After that, J and I went back to his dad's for brunch and to say good-bye to Nicole. We spent the afternoon out on the lake with my mom and her fiance. It was so relaxing, I fell asleep and took about an hour nap. I have to say taking a nap out on the boat, in the sun with the breeze was one of the best naps I've ever had. On the way home J and I grabbed some sushi for dinner, then I flipped on Shark Week and was asleep by 8:30pm. 
Alright ladies, tonight's the night! The Bachelorette finale!!! Whose it going to be? Roberto? Chris? Is she going to end up single? Let's hear your predictions! 

Have a great Monday!




9 comments:

CMae said...

I applaud you for RUNNING Lol I hate running. I used to play soccer long long ago but those kiddie days are over for me! LOL i can barely stand to run on a treadmil I just get SO BORED...that's why I enjoy hiking much more! I think Ali picks Roberto, but judging from the tabloids and interviews I've seen her on post show, I don't think she is with anyone currently...gut feeling!

Desiree said...

A 5k? P90X? You're going to be a beast when it's all over! :-)

Congrats on the 5K, that's major! I'll just cheer for you though - I have no desire to run unless someone is chasing me. ;-)

Brittany said...

Yay for your 5k!! :) So exciting.. and p90x looks like hell on earth, but ya'll will look incredible!

such beautiful pictures from this weekend.. and you're right.. leaving with more then you came with is a good thing. I wish I could say that!

Tickled Pink said...

Congrats on your race!!

I predict/hope Chris!!

Aubrey S. said...

I ran my first 5k almost a year ago; it's such a high. Congrats and great job!

Amber said...

Congrats on the run! That's awesome!! Let me knwo what you think of P90X....sounds amazing :)

Ali's going home alone tonight I think!! I'm sad to bid farewell to my weekly dose of Roberto after tonight! HA!

Carolyn @ life, love & puppy prints said...

5Ks, P90X... who are we!?!?!? HAHA So proud of us! :)

Ms. BWIT said...

Congrats on the 5K! I wish I could start running again, but it is SOO hot. How do you do it? haha.

Miss K said...

Congrats on the race! That's so FREAKING AWESOME!! Your whole weekend looks like such a fabulous time!