Wednesday, August 25, 2010

You Only Turn 30 Once

Thank all of you for your kind comments yesterday. I think I was just being super lazy the last few days. Today I finally got the pictures from J's party uploaded and edited! The party was awesome! I held it in a private room at a sports bar near our house where we go all the time. The room was perfect, the food was delicious and we had a great turnout. It was so nice to see so many family members and friends together to celebrate J. He is a very loved boy, that's for sure. The night started out a little more low key, a lot of socializing with family and people we haven't seen in a while, and then the night ended in complete mayhem....which was to be expected. Here are some of the highlights....

Thanks to prohibition, Major's has a special on the 21st of every month....21 cent drinks until 7pm and we were just in time! Yup, that's right...our first round of 14 drinks cost only $2.94!!!!!!!! 
J's friend Steve was nice enough to pick up the tab for that one. 

The amazing Mint Chiffon birthday cake from Buttercream! If you live in the Twin Cities and have never had a Buttercream cake....change that now and thank me later. But get this. As you can see I bought some super cute candles and was really excited to light them and have all our family and friends sing to J. Well, we couldn't because when I went over to light the candles half of the cake was gone and people were already eating it. SOME ONE CUT THE FRICKIN' CAKE! Isn't that like social manners 101....you don't cut the cake until you have permission from the host?! I could not believe it! I'm glad everyone was enjoying the cake but I was furious that we didn't get to light the candles and sing. I mean, seriously, WHO DOES THAT?!

Me and the birthday boy! Thanks for all your fashion help on Friday. As you can see I went with the strapless bra and did my absolute best not to tug on it unless absolutely necessary. And, it's hard to tell in this picture but I went with the ankle boots! Thanks to some last minute modeling and discussing with my BB.

Orlando Hudson from the Minnesota Twins made a guest appearance and was nice enough to pose with the birthday boy! 

My favorite girls! My best friend Libby and sister Natalie!

Me and J with his dad, step-mom and little sister. I LOVE this picture!

Shots for the last people standing...all of which stayed at my house that night. Pretty amazing group if you ask me!

No birthday is complete without a ridiculous dance party and I think our after-bar dance party takes the cake. Me and Seth dancing to "I Like You" by Enrique....which we danced to on repeat for a minimum of 5 times.

On a different note, I wanted to quickly wish two of my dear friends a very Happy Anniversary! Two years ago on Monday my friend's Matt and Jessi were married and I was lucky enough to be a part of their big day! It was without a doubt the most fun wedding I've ever been to and cannot believe it's already been two years! I love you guys....Happy Belated Anniversary!
If you don't already follow Jessi's blog Real Housewife in Minnesota...you need to!

7 comments:

Laura said...

what a great party :) I'm sure he loved it (and the cake.. because i wish i could have some right now!)... including everyone who was there! :) DANCE DANCE DANCE GIRL!

Carolyn @ life, love & puppy prints said...

1. I can't believe that someone cut the cake. Seriously.

2. You looked great. We are good outfit deciders. :)

3. SOOO jealous that I didn't get a picture with Hudson. SOOO jealous.

4. I believe I took that amazing family photo. Props to me.

5. I can't believe we didn't get a single cute picture of us. BOO.

6. Shots = not a good thing that night. I took WAYY too many. LOL

7. Dance party of the century. That's all.

-Your BB

Miss K said...

Sooo much fun! I'll have to come visit just to take advantage of the awesome happy hour/21st thing!! What a wonderful birthday for your man, you look super hot too! Good choice on the bra, shoes, and outfit! love the pink nails and white watch too!!

Kelly said...

WOW, looks like that was suuuuch a fun party!! Way to go :-D You looked awesome, and I love the dance party pics, hahah! And a picture with O-Hud?? My husband would love that :-D

CMae said...

Ijust posted a few posts ago about asking for gift Ideas for a 30th B day!! My mister wonderful turns 30 on sept 11th and I really don't know what to get him other than a cake that says you're 30 LOL any ideas??

Ms. BWIT said...

I wanna come to Minnesota! Ya'll look like you had a great time!!

JoJo said...

The pictures are great! I can't believe people got to the cake like that! That's not cool!