Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Choice


I just finished reading "The Choice" by Nicholas Sparks and I loved it. It's classic Sparks--romantic, tragic, and really good. Each friend that I've explained it to, I've ended up ruining the ending....so I turned to nicholassparks.com to find you all a synopsis:

"Travis Parker has everything a man could want: a good job, loyal friends, even a waterfront home in small-town North Carolina. In full pursuit of the good life -- boating, swimming, and regular barbecues with his good-natured buddies -- he holds the vague conviction that a serious relationship with a woman would only cramp his style. That is, until Gabby Holland moves in next door. Despite his attempts to be neighborly, the appealing redhead seems to have a chip on her shoulder about him...and the presence of her longtime boyfriend doesn't help. Despite himself, Travis can't stop trying to ingratiate himself with his new neighbor, and his persistent efforts lead them both to the doorstep of a journey that neither could have foreseen. Spanning the eventful years of young love, marriage and family, The Choice ultimately confronts us with the most heartwrenching question of all: how far would you go to keep the hope of love alive?"

It was a really quick read and I loved it. Check it out y'all!!!

Who else loves Nicholas Sparks? Which of his books is your favorite?


7 comments:

Reader said...

It sounds like a thriller with some realistic tendencies. Familiar to my life ....... but the most exciting event will be J & K 's wedding. Even though your BB's should be very fun and beautiful too! I love your blog and your heart! Love to J & B!

Jessica said...

I loved this book!!

Carolyn said...

I'm going to have to read this one! :)

Tiff For Tat said...

I will have to read this one, I love all his books!! I just wish I had more time to read :)

ty said...

Oh, I may have to try this one out! I almost hate to admit it, but I LOVE Nicholas Sparks!

Hailey said...

I love this one!! At First Sight is probably my favorite, I actually think it goes along with this book if I remember right!!

Tracy said...

I started to read this book and I got bored...felt like I knew what was going to happen with every turn of the page. Should I give it another chance? Glad to know someone liked it though!!