Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wedding Wednesday: First Dance

So, me and J's "song" is technically "With You" by Chris Brown. To this day I get goosebumps when I hear it because it reminds me of when we first started dating and when we were beginning to fall in love.

However, thanks to Chris' little anger issues we no longer feel this song is appropriate for a first dance.

Thankfully, there is another song that makes me tear up every time I hear it. From the first time I heard "Your Love" by Tim McGraw (I'm a little bit newer to the Country scene), it made me think of J. The first line of the song is, "Dancing in the dark, middle of the night..." which could not be more perfect because the exact moment I knew I was in love with J was when we were slow dancing, in the dark, in the middle of the night in his kitchen with no music. See, I always yelled at J for not dancing with me when we went out (I'm a dancing machine) and so one night when it was just the two of us, he asked me to dance. It was the most romantic thing EVER and it was then I knew he was IT.

Since, I have become an avid Country fan and Tim McGraw is by far my favorite!!! You may recall that J took me to the Tim concert in May.

When it came time to chose a song for our first dance, this was the first and only song that came to mind. Then, we'll just have to make sure to put "With You" on our must-play list!

What was/is your first dance song?

15 comments:

Miss Chelsea said...

"because the exact moment I knew I was in love with J was when we were slow dancing, in the dark, in the middle of the night in his kitchen with no music" <<--- this is seriously adorable

Katie said...

SO CUTE! I'm really glad you aren't dancing to Chris Brown, he's awful now.

We danced to Rascal Flatts "Like I am". I love Tim..great pick!

Caroline said...

I miss the old Chris Brown! We danced to Edwin McCain.

Carolyn said...

Great pick Beebs! :) Can't wait to bawl my eyes out watching you guys dance to this song!

Megan said...

This is such a great song! We haven't picked our song yet. I have been going through the huge list of songs that wedding wire has and I have found quite a few that I love, but now we just have to sit down and pick one out together.

MIL2K2B said...

Hmmm, WOW, that song brings tears (of course to me) but will to this cowboy I know. The Chris Brown song has such good words but it is so sad it comes from such a liar. Anyway, I'm like BB said about crying, I'll bawl. BUT to you BB I will be very emotional at your wedding, I hope you know. Such awesome people getting married, what a blessing for me!

Jessica said...

I love your choices!! Ours was Unforgettable by Nat King Cole.

Ashley said...

this is such a beautiful song! I love your choice for your first dance song. It is so powerful!

Minnesota Girl said...

What a perfect song!

Our first song was "All the Way" by Frank Sinatra. I still get chills when I hear it and think about our wedding!

Bride-onicles said...

Great song choice. We have not picked yet but I kinda want a fun fast song since we will be having a band..I hope the rest of the wedding party will join in with us sice we are super awkward dancers!

steph c said...

Such a sweet story.. the song sounds perfect!

Lindsay @ My Happy Plan said...

Sucks about the whole Chris Brown thing, I can understand why you'd want to go another direction :(

Our 1st dance song was "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol

Gina said...

Great songs!
We chose "I Need You" by Faith Hill and Tim McGraw

Anonymous said...

Our first dance was to "Stay With You" by John Legend. JB introdiced me to John Legend and I surprised him with a birthday trip to SD to see him live :)

www.breezyinbloom.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

Awww, that's cute!!! "It's Your Love" is a great song!!! Our first dance song is called "Worth the Wait". It's buy a guy named Jared Campbell, he's a local singer from Binghamton,NY. You should look him up, he's really good!!