Monday, August 13, 2012

ME weekend!

Jason was out of town this past weekend for Nate's bachelor party, I still can't get over the fact that my baby brother is getting married and just had a bachelor party, but it left me with the entire weekend
ALL.TO.MYSELF. 

Friday, I kicked off the weekend with a lip & brow wax. Yes, I wax my lip...I'm Greek, I have a 'stache. Then, met up with my mom for dinner at Crave, I had sushi (don't worry...it was veggie) and edamame cream cheese puffs! SO GOOD!

Then we saw the movie Hope Springs with Meryl Streep.
I really liked the movie...it definitely was more serious than I had expected but that could have been because I am 27 and have been married for 9 months and couldn't really relate to the movie. BUT, I think it's a great movie for young couples to see. You've got to work at a marriage, BOTH of you! And this movie really made that point in a cute and funny way. Plus, Meryl can do no wrong--she's my idol. 


Saturday, I was up early to celebrate the 3rd Birthday of one of my favorite kids in the world. 
Brogan is my friend Courtney's son and I CANNOT believe he is already 3! 
I got to meet Brogan when he was just a day old and it blows my mind that it's already been three years since that precious day. 
Brogan is all about sports right now, so it was appropriate that he had a sports themed party! Which allowed me to bust out my new Gopher jersey for the first time.
It was a great party filled with family and friends and Brogan got some pretty cool stuff, including a super sweet Gopher hat from his Auntie Kristin and his first guitar!!!!
 Isn't he the cutest?!

After the birthday party I treated myself to a prenatal massage and a little mani/pedi action. 
The massage was really relaxing, but I was a little disappointed...it sort of just felt like she was putting lotion on me...I was hoping for a little more massage action. Nonetheless, it was 60 minutes of relaxation! The pedicure, however, was the BOMB.  Let me just say...it should be a medical REQUIREMENT for pregnant women to get regular pedicures.
Saturday night I went out to celebrate the 30th birthday of Courtney's (yes, same Court as above) husband Josh, because only Courtney is organized enough to plan a 3 year old's birthday party and a 30th surprise party on the same day! But, it was actually pretty genius because Josh had NO CLUE! 
Courtney set up a scavenger hunt for Josh and they went all over town picking up clues and friends along the way. To help Court out, I picked up cupcakes and decor and got to Sally's early to set everything up.
Josh was totally surprised and it was wonderful party!
The birthday boy was lovin' life! 

On Sunday, my little puggle angel let mom sleep in until 10:30!!! It was incredible! I spent the morning snuggling with my girl.
 We went for a lovely little walk and then it was time for me to get ready for MY BABY SHOWER!
My very best girlfriends Carolyn, Libby & Robyn hosted an absolutely incredible shower. 
I CANNOT wait to share every single detail with you tomorrow! 

I hope you all had lovely weekends as well! 

8 comments:

Carolyn said...

YAY! So glad you had a good ME weekend!! :)

Ruthie Hart said...

eeek cannot wait to see deets from the shower! sounds like it was a much needed relaxation weekend (with lots of fun and parties)

the girl in the red shoes said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I can't wait to see the shower details!

P!nky said...

WOOHOO meeeeeeeeeeeeeee weekends are the best!!!

I've heard that prenatal massages are never hard enough...guess they REALLY don't wanna hurt you?!!?

HIP HIP HOORAY for the baby shower.

xoxo

kristen said...

You are so cute!! And you look so great holding that baby! ;)

Becky said...

What a great weekend, lots of pampering that's well deserved!

Erin said...

What a great weekend---- you deserved all that and MORE girl!!! :) I just pulled off a surprise party over the weekend too, so much fuN! :)

Ashley said...

Awesome that you got to have a complete YOU weekend! We all need those sometimes, and definitely deserve them when you are pregnant ;)
The pedicure sounds so tempting, I think I might have to give in and get one soon - even though boots are looming and sandals are making their way out soon - sad.

ps so jealous you can sleep until 1030!!!!