Friday, August 31, 2012

My Belly {30 weeks}

THIRTY WEEKS! 
As in...this baby has been growing inside of me for THIRTY WEEKS. 
Like....the baby is due in TEN WEEKS! 
What. The. Heck?
totally dropped the ball on the chalkboard pic and was forced to take this last minute bathroom selfie after 5 hours of sleep....please don't judge me. 

Nugget this week...
*her skin is getting smoother
*her brain is getting wrinklier--to make room for brain tissue
*she is strong enough to grasp a finger! 

Size of the baby?  
Right around 15.5 inches long and almost 3 pounds!

Total Weight Gain/Loss?  
23 whole pounds.

Maternity Clothes?  
I bought a couple of maternity tank tops and a maternity maxi dress from Old Navy this week....but I'm still trying to stay away, even with the belly maternity stuff is not fitting me right.

Stretch marks?  
Still nothing!

Best Moments?  
Finally settling on a nursery game plan! I have been between a ton of different ideas and my mind is finally made up! Now, I just need all of the decor and bedding to arrive so that I can get to work!

Movement? 
Still dominating her "Kick Counts" averaging about ____ minutes to feel 10 kicks/punches/head butts/etc.
I can also now feel her hiccups...which might be my favorite thing of all time. The first time I felt it Jason goes "There's a person in there, and she has the hiccups." Totally surreal, but totally incredible.

Food Cravings?  
CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything making you queasy or sick? 
Nope!

What I miss?  
I miss my smaller chest and smaller tummy...this extra weight is just crushing my back...and I'm over the pain.

Nausea/Vomiting?  
Nope, none of that nonsense.

Symptoms? 
This week my allergies have been BRUTAL but a lot of people are complaining about it, so I don't think Nugget can take the blame for this one. She will be taking full credit for the insane back pain, the lack of energy and the fact that I get winded going up a flight of stairs.

Labor signs?  
Nope! But, in the words of my doctor last week "Is it just me, or has this baby dropped?" Homegirl is definitely riding low these days.

Gender? 
BABY GIRL. 

Belly Button In or Out?
Super wide and shallow innie.

Wedding rings On or Off?  
Still wearing all the rings all the time! 10 weeks to go!

Sleep?
Still taking me a while to get comfy, and still getting up once or twice to use the bathroom, but according to Jason...once I'm asleep, there's no waking me.

What I'm looking forward to? 
Leaving for Arkansas TOMORROW to see my cousin (who I haven't seen in SIX years) get married! I wish Jason could be with me, but I am so excited to spend some time with my family who I don't get to see nearly enough!

Cheers to a happy (and safe!) Labor Day weekend!

8 comments:

Kari said...

You look so stinkin cute Kristin! Can't believe it's only 10 more weeks! Put your feet up this weekend between dancing and enjoy!

brynn said...

you are precious! i can't believe how fast time is flying, you are SO CLOSE!

Stephanie said...

Can't wait to see you this weekend!!!

Syndal said...

oh my gosh I can't believe you're already at 30 weeks!! eek! you look adorable!

P!nky said...

WOOHOO 30 weeks!

xoxo

Tickled Pink said...

Whoo hoo!! Getting so close!! :)

Schnelle said...

My sinuses are killing me too! It's terrible. Are you taking anything? Can't wait to see the nursery! Have fun at the wedding:)

Erin said...

Soooo insane that you are 30 weeks already! It has FLOWN for me ;) LOL, I seriously feel like you just announced it last week!

Can't wait to see what plans you have for the nursery!!! :)