Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pink Balloon First Birthday

When Jason and I first talked about Kenley's First Birthday Party, we agreed that the first one needed to be a big one and when I started to brainstorm I had a million ideas running through my head. We threw around a couple of ideas for the location but ultimately decided that our party room was most convenient and made the most sense. Once we had the place nailed down it was time to start thinking of themes, ideas and decor. After several different ideas I landed on a "Pink Balloon" theme. I loved it because it was fun, girly, very appropriate for a birthday and allowed for some very fun decor. 

But enough of me blabbing...here's an up close look at Kenley's Pink Balloon First Birthday Party!

the OUTFIT. 
I'd say aside from a wedding dress and a prom dress the first birthday dress is the most important outfit a girl will wear. OK, maybe not, but to me Kenley's outfit was very important and needed to be perfect!
dress :: Pippa & Julie // shoes :: Stuart Weitzman Sugar Flats
tights :: Nordstrom // headband :: EcoStreet


the STATIONERY. 
You all know by now that stationery is my favorite part of party planning. I had so much fun with the concept of these and just LOVE how they turned out.
courtesy of Paper Event


the DESSERT. 
What better menu for a 2pm 1st Birthday Party than a dessert bar? It was so fun to put together and I absolutely love how it turned out - not to mention the treats were DELICIOUS. I'm still on a sugar high!
Cake Pops: Starbucks // Candy: Party City // Cookies: Target // Dum Dums: Spangler Candy
Cupcakes, Pudding Shots & Marshmallow Cakes by ME! 


the DRINKS.
 water bottle labels courtesy of Paper Event


the DECOR.

Balloons: The Corner Balloon Shoppe // Birthday Hat: Dainty Couture // Birthday Sign & Coloring Books: Paper Event
Frames: IKEA // Kenley Photos: Sara Jayne Photography
Everything else is by ME!


the CAKE.
The cake is a pretty integral piece in the first birthday but this was one thing I didn't even think twice about. I knew I wanted a cake from Sweet Retreat and I knew I wanted a pink ombre rosette design. I love how it turned out and it was DELICIOUS! Kenley was very dainty while eating it but absolutely loved the sugar.
Cake: The Sweet Retreat // "1" Candle: J.Love Creations


the LOVE.
I really can't say it enough - Kenley is a lucky little girl. As a mama I don't think anything could make me happier than seeing the people I love all together to celebrate my baby and not because of the gifts - though everyone was extremely generous - but because I know that these people truly love Kenley.
all 4 grandmas! 
all of my bridesmaids reunited!

To see all of my inspiration and to pin any of these photos, check out "Kenley's First Birthday" board on Pinterest:

One more thing before I go, I have to give a major THANK YOU shout out to my mom and my Beeb. Thank you both for letting me run ALL of my millions of ideas by you. Thank you for helping me organize my thoughts and execute my plans. Thank you for everything you did to help the day of. You are the absolute best party planning committee in the world and this day wouldn't have been so special without you.

And THANK YOU to everyone who was there to celebrate with Kenley.
Make sure all you mamas are linking up every Tuesday!

42 comments:

P!nky said...

ummm so stinking cute! I am dying over all the pink! LOVE IT!!! You've got yourself a pinky ;)!

But really, it looks so fabulous and the treat table looks amazing.

What a wonderful first bday surrounded by wonderful friends and family!

The Bennetts said...

WOW - what a fabulous 1st birthday party! I can see why you started planning months before and I must say it's nice to know I'm not the only one who does that :) I started pinning things for Madelyn's 1st birthday when she was about 7 months. Thankfully I have another month or so before I need to start finalizing everything!

Unknown said...

Amazing party!! Love the pink balloon party idea! I'm already starting to think about Kimber's 1st birthday and she's only 6 months!!

hello erin said...

I'm in love with every single detail! I seriously don't think it could have been more perfect!! And I LOVE ALL THE PINK!! And the dessert bar has me hankering for a pink cupcake!

Kristen said...

Omg!!! This is so cute and every detail is adorable!! What a perfect way to celebrate such a beautiful girl!! I'm definitely going to hit you up and steal some ideas for E's first birthday!

Dawn said...

OMG - can you plan MY birthday party?? LOL

It's beautiful Kristen - every single detail was perfect!!!!!!!1

Caroline said...

Oh I just love it! Just a perfect party!

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh girl, you knocked it out of the park!! I can't even post Colton's party now, it pales in comparison ;)
But seriously, great job! I love all the details, and all the PINK!

Melissa @ i carry your heart said...

Great job Mama, you really outdid yourself! Kenley will LOVE seeing these pictures when she is older!

Ashley Brickner said...

LOVE IT, perfect party for the sweetest little lady! Great job!

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

WinterBenson said...

Your party was BEAUTIFUL! I love all your ideas!

Jessica said...

Uhh-mayzing. Seriously. Every detail looks awesome!!

Kelly B. said...

I. am. OBSESSED. this is SO CUTE. and the 2nd to last cake pic with her raising her hand-- HAHAHA. I'm jealous of her dress. she's so STYLISH for a baby! ack. I'm going to need you to plan my birthday. haha.

Carolyn said...

Kenley's birthday was so perfect! All the details came together SO WELL! Love it all Beeb! Good work! :)

Kristina said...

Oh my goodness. I love it all, every single bit of it. What a beautiful way to celebrate!!!

ajs {of MN} said...

such a gorgeous 1st birthday party! you did such a great job, and such a great job documenting- Happy Happy 1st Birthday to Kenley. It's so crazy that she is ALREADY 1 year old!

Jamie said...

Oh my gosh. What a beautiful party!

lo @ crazy ever after said...

You need to get into the party planning business if you're not already. You're a natural. Super fun ideas, and all executed to perfection!

K said...

Wow! Everything looks so awesome! Glad you had a great time!

Jessica said...

Kristin, you did a great job! Loving the ombre pink rosette cake! Everything was just perfect for a precious 1st birthday. Loving all the pink and wishing I could use some of it myself - unfortunately, I don't think my son would appreciate a pink birthday, lol! At least not when he's old enough to look back on it and realize;)

Ruthie Hart said...

You did amazing!! Um can you come plan fords birthday?! I love all the little details especially the cake :)

Katie said...

oh my goooooooodness, this is amazing. you are amazing. You did such an amazing job I'm already thinking about hiring you to plan for when that time comes lol

J and A said...

Seriously. Incredible!!!!

Schnelle said...

Everything looks beautiful! I love the theme too. The invitations are so cute and I love the banner you made with her photos. Great job momma!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful party - I love all the pink! It turned out so great and Kenley looked adorable in that precious outfit!

Jess Beer said...

Gorgeous gorgeous day! I so wanted to comment earlier but my office blocked your blog since the domain change...hopefully they fix it soon! You did a fabulous job!!!

Adelyn said...

What a beautiful party! Glad you had a lovely celebration :)

Anonymous said...

Everything for Kenley's 1st was exceptional. It was so much fun celebrating that little Mou. Thank you Kris! xo m

Erin LFF said...

Ohhh I am just obsessed. Seriously- every single little detail is perfecttt!!!! :) I love it all!

Bridget said...

WOW...good job mama!!! You totally out did yourself! I love EVERYTHING!!! The cake is the most beautiful cake I have ever seen and I love how it matches her dress!!! Ever considered party planning?

BLovedBoston said...

What an incredible 1st birthday!!! You really created such a special day! I love the cake and the candy bar and all of it!! :) The banner with the photos is an awesome touch!

http://blovedboston.blogspot.com/

Sami said...

Oh my goodness everything looks absolutely amazing! I'd like Kenley's outfit in my size please :) I think someone needs to be a party planner missy!

Bre said...

It turned out SO GOOD!!! I am going to pin this all to my secret "Baby" board so I can use it someday. Probably around Kenley's 10th birthday at the rate I'm going. LOL!

Kelly said...

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo PRECIOUS! Everything was perfect. Looks like a fabulous day for little Kenley. Happy Birthday to her <3

Nat said...

Oh my gosh I love every single detail!! Her outfit and that cake are perfect! You did such an awesome job on this. I'm already trying to pin down ideas for my son's first birthday and he's not even 5 months old yet!;)

eliz said...

WOW!!!! That dessert table..*droool* I love it...so pink and sweet! My lil girl is 6 months and I am already planning her party...hahaha the first is such a big one...eeeks! You did a fabulous job! So many cute details...I love details!

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

Um can you throw me a birthday party??

How did you do your chalkboard? It looks incredible!

nwi german shepard puppies 219 677-1105 said...

How do you make the centerpiece? Particularly the balloon boquet with one stick

柯云 said...

2016-03-02keyun
coach outlet
fit flops
hollister kids
air max 90
nike free 5.0
michael kors outlet
oakley sunglasses
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton outlet
air max 95
cheap toms
micheael kors outlet
ugg outlet store
coach factory outlet
coach factory outlet
louis vuitton bags
kobe 8
swarovski crystal
kd 8
the north face jackets
christian louboutin shoes
michael kors outlet online
kate spade purses
coach factory outlet online
canada goose outlet
nfl jerseys wholesale
michael kors handbags
giuseppe zanotti outlet
coach outlet store online clearance
michael kors handbags
louis vuitton purses
polo ralph lauren
cheap toms shoes
supra shoes
canada goose outlet
jordan concords
cheap oakleys
soccer shoes
louis vuitton outlet online
chanel bags
abercrombie & fitch

jeje said...

longchamp outlet
adidas yeezy
michael kors outlet online
nike huarache
michael kors outlet
michael jordan shoes
adidas tubular UK
adidas nmd r1
michael kors outlet store
adidas superstar

terrialonso said...

Open up your fc2.com/ web browser using your PC as well as Here look for "Musical.ly apk download" Look for the most How to install & Download Musical.ly Login effective site where you could obtain the most recent apk documents Musically of Musical.ly Currently click on the download switch as well as Musically Login the download will begin.

donfloyd139 said...

you must have this application on your tool.Mobdro Download App Don't miss out on to Download and install official guide Mobdro Apk 2015 for Android Smart device. Free video editor KineMaster for PC.Mobdro App Mobdro online TV for iPhone/iPad is available in 2 versions, cost-free & paid variations.