Tuesday, December 16, 2014

birthday week {a recap}

No, that is not a type-o...I celebrate a birthday week. Birthdays have always been a really big deal in my family and just because I'm 30, doesn't mean I'm too old to celebrate all week long. Here's a little recap of how I finished up 29 and kicked off 30.

Monday :: My sweet hubby surprised me with coffee & a bagel, he said "here's the start of birthday week" when he gave it to me and didn't even sound sarcastic!  That night we took Kenley to the Timberwolves game for a family date night! Kenley was terrified of the starting line ups and our mascot Crunch, but other than that had a blast cheering "GO WHITE TEAM" and howling when the opposing team shot free throws. We definitely have a little Wolves fan on our hands.


Tuesday :: Kicked off with a little coffee + Target date with my favorite little shopping buddy. And that night I did an oil party with one of my girlfriends. It was a blast and huge success! It's so much fun sharing my passion for oils {and making money at the same time}!!!


Wednesday :: Jason and I had a little mini-at-home birthday date which was so very perfect! We watched a bunch of FRIENDS episodes, including The One Where They All Turn 30 {that's my favorite show of all time for those who don't know about my severe addiction}, drank wine, ate Chipotle and ate Gelato! Does like get any better than this?


Thursday :: I cashed in on my free birthday Starbucks, ran what seemed like a million errands and stopped to have a little visit with my girlfriends and their two perfect baby girls, Hailey & Lauren. That night I went to my baby sister's dance meet then out to a birthday dinner with her and our parents at our favorite hangout. I came home to a super sweet handmade card, a case of my favorite wine, our mattress pulled into the living room and Love Actually queued up! It was so perfect!


Friday :: My actual birthday, was filled with so many fun messages and kind words from friends and family - I felt so loved! Kenley & I spent the morning snuggling while Jason served me my morning coffee with birthday whipped cream! The Kenley and I met my mom for a balloon shopping and coffee date. I did a little shopping, worked for a bit and then got ready for celebration part 1.
My mom had us over for a delicious Greek dinner, Red Velvet cupcakes and surprised me by inviting my bestie and her fiance who showed up....in costume! We had a fun night reminiscing, opening gifts, playing games and watching Britney Spears live.



Saturday :: Was all about celebration part 2. However, I was not feeling so hot from the night before. Thankfully, I was able to take a nice long day before getting pampered! I got my makeup done, got a blow out at The Wow Bar {best blow out ever!} and had a little mani/pedi action. I was done and ready just in time to head to Toby Keith's for my Big 3-0 Party! I had the BEST time!
My only regret is that I didn't get pictures with everyone!

To everyone who stopped by, who sent a birthday wish or a thoughtful gift - THANK YOU! I have never felt so special and so loved. This was absolutely the best birthday EVER and I am so lucky to have the world's best family & friends! 


XO,

8 comments:

P!nky said...

Looks like the perfect beginning of the big 3-0!

Bridget said...

So so so fun! What a great idea to celebrate the WHOLE week!!!! Wish I could have made the party...looks like you had a blast!!!! Happy 30th pretty lady...it looks good on you :)

~Dawn~ said...

We had SO much fun! Thanks for inviting us to celebrate with you!

J and A said...

Sounds like the best WEEK!! SO much fun. And I love your at home date night watching friends and wine and ice cream!! PERFECT! Happy 30th!

Erin LFF said...

SO many cute Kenley pictures- oh my gosh! How does that little girl get prettier by the day?!?! I'm glad you got to celebrate a whole week long- that's the only way to do a birthday :)

ajs {of MN} said...

so happy we were able to celebrate your 30th with you. and also SO gald you got a picture with that sparkly fringy OLD cowboy guy dude man!!! bah hahahahahha

oh and...


#nutcracker... :D

Unknown said...

Happy bday :) Looks like lots of bday fun was had !!

Katie @ yellowmangolife.blogspot.com said...

I LOVE that you celebrate your birthday WEEK...and you did good mama! My fave is the mattress party on the floor and all the Starbucks and of course the big celebration on Saturday with all of those other crazy Minnesotans! Welcome to your 30s, pretty lady!