Monday, February 15, 2016

{bump two} 29 weeks

Mom :: +24lbs // Baby :: appx. 15inches & 2.5lb {a butternut squash!} though we now know our baby boy is already bigger than this!
Baby lungs and muscles are continuing to mature and his head is getting bigger to make room for his developing brain!
77 days til Due Date!

As you read this me and my little family are at the airport about to hop on a plane! IT'S BABYMOON TIME! I am so excited to get out of the cold and have some quality time with my most favorite people! Scottsdale was super chilly to start off the year so I've been stalking the weather like a psychopath and Mother Nature listened to my prayers! Looks like we are going to have some great weather and this mama can FINALLY get some color on this dry, cracked, winter white skin of mine! HOLLER! 

Week 29 has been kind of an emotional one. Monday, I had my 28 week OB appointment and got the routine Tdap shot for whooping cough and it did not sit well with me. I can't for the life of me remember if I refused this with Kenley or if it just didn't effect me last time, but this time it totally knocked me on my booty. I was one of the lucky few to experience all of the "mild" side effects and spent all day Monday throwing up, achy, with chills, no appetite, headache, possibly a fever {never checked} or in other words MISERABLE. Thankfully it only lasted a day - but then I've had sort of the post-flu-hangover feeling where you're just run down after feeling so awful.

On top of that weirdness, I've been SO emotional. We're talking crying at the drop of a hat - sometimes for no reason, sometimes for a small reason and sometimes for reasons I'm likely just making up in my head. Let's just say after the past week I am ready to get the heck away from real life for a bit and relax. This vacation could not be coming at a better time!

Other than feeling like crap and crying, no real baby related stuff has really happened this week - no cravings, no aversions, no new purchases, rings still fit, belly button is still in, no stretch marks, sleeping is still rough and this little man is VERY active! I imagine that post-vacation I will be full on baby mode with 2 sprinkles, maternity photos, appointments every other week AND less than 2 months til baby. So I am off to relax, enjoy, savor, tan, and sleep so that I am refreshed and ready to get ready for this baby when I return!


Happy Monday my friends! 


 




5 comments:

Kenya said...

Have a good time on the babymoon!

Ashley Brickner said...

Can't believe how close you are!! Enjoy these last weeks!!!! XO

P!nky said...

Cheers to babymoon time. Have a great trip!

Carolyn said...

Have so much fun on your trip! Soak up some sun for me! :)

Erin LFF said...

So scary/awful about the whooping cough shot :( I'm glad you are past that finally and can have a great time in AZ. I'm over here being jealous- but equally happy for you and the fam ;) ENJOY time away from all the stresses of life!! xo