Friday, March 11, 2016

{bump two} 32 & 33 weeks

Mom :: +30lbs // Baby :: appx. 17inches & 4lb {a pineapple!}
Baby's bones are hardening and he is losing that alien look and looking more like a newborn!
49 days til Due Date!

So I totally dropped the ball on a 32 week update and today I am officially 33 weeks, so a joint update is happening today.

The past two weeks have been filled with a rollercoaster of highs and lows, not just with me and baby but with friends and family as well. Needless to say, my emotions were EVERYWHERE. It's hard enough dealing with everyday life and a whirlwind of hormones but throw in some extra life stuff and it turns a preggo into a serious hot mess. Not all bad, there were some great things too! But I was just everywhere. 

I have been able to get a lot of little baby related things done and checked off the list which feels really good. It wasn't anything major but those teeny things really add up, as I shared on Tuesday with my baby to do list. It's getting short!!! I'm anxious for my Sprinkle this weekend because I feel like after that it's no holds bar on baby prep and I can really get myself ready! 

We had our 32 week appointment on the 2nd and got to see Ziggy on an ultrasound. I always get so excited and so nervous to have an ultrasound. We were happy to see that Ziggy is still growing strong and this cord issue seems to be a non-issue, although I will say it's a little unsettling to hear that baby is already measuring 5 lbs with 2 months left to go. At the average rate of growth that puts him at around 9lbs at my due date. Of course this is just an estimate and we have no way of knowing when he'll arrive or if he'll continue to grow at this rate but I'm praying for a big healthy baby that isn't too big to push out! 

In addition to his sheer size, Ziggy is also breech. Hearing the "B" word is something I've been dreading and fearing from the start. A C-Section is something that I really, really, really want to avoid - not because I think they are bad, I know they are routine and know tons of friends who have had them - but because I am terrified of surgery. I'm a wimp. And for me, getting cut open is about as scary as it gets. So, while I still have some time I am trying to be proactive and do what I can to try and get this guy into the head down position. I've been implementing some of the tips on spinningbabies.com and have started weekly appointments with my chiropractor who is certified in the Webster Technique. I will see my doctor again at 34 weeks and will have another ultrasound at 36 weeks. If Ziggy is still breech at 36 weeks we will look into having a version done. And if after all of that this guy is still being a stinker, we will likely have to schedule a C word for 39 weeks. 

And if the size and position weren't enough, this little big boy would not show his face. He just refused to turn towards the wand thing and as a result this was the single photo we got of our son at 32 weeks. 
Lord help me with this one, he is going to keep us on our toes!

I have also been experiencing quite a bit of labor-like symptoms. I've been super nauseas, haven't had an appetite, cramping, stomach tightening, etc. The cramping and tightening is super random and irregular and not really painful just uncomfortable. I talked to one of the nurses this week because I was getting a little concerned but she calmed my nerves and suggested just laying down for an hour or so when this happens and timing/tracking the tummy tightening as well as baby movements. At this point, it's nothing more than just late pregnancy uncomfortableness.

My next appointment is coming up on the 21st, we won't have an ultrasound but I am anxious to get myself and this little guy checked out because time is really ticking at this point!

T minus 7ish weeks!


32 weeks & 33 weeks with Kenley. 
 






8 comments:

P!nky said...

YOu look great, love! I can only imagine the hormones raging around in the body!

And also I totally understand the feeling of fear from surgery. Yes C sections are done without complications all the time, but surgery is still scary.

Unknown said...

Wow less than two months to go :) you look great - hang in there with all the curve balls life can throw !

mickey661636 said...

C sections are no fun, but you have some time to process it. I found out my daughter was breeched after my water breaking and 7 hours of labor. I had an hour to process everything. Totally crazy. Good luck with everything!

Kayla MKOY said...

GIRL you look amazing. I feel like the updated 32 and 33 week pics are so different from one another! So amazing what a week can do! :) yay!!

Lisa @ Naptime Chai said...

You look great, per usual! Sorry to hear that little man is breech, it sounds like you're doing everything you can to flip him, so hopefully it works! <3

Carolyn said...

OMG. I think Ziggy and Tyler are going to be BFFs. That we'll have to bail out of jail. :) Trouble makers! Adorable picture of his little fist though!!!

SPIN AROUND BABY ZIGGY! SPIN AROUND!

Unknown said...

I really hope he flips for you on your own. I had a version with my daughter at 36 weeks 3days. (Turns out I had a greater issue occuring) but she didn't flip and went into distress - which is rare. So we had our little LJ at 36 weeks 3 days. However, she is was already 7 lbs!

Best of luck! and I hope that all goes well.

Hope @ Hope in a Blog said...

Prayers the little man turns on his own for you!!! We're getting so close - eek!! xx