Wednesday, December 10, 2014

girl friends.

I am abundantly blessed with the world's best girlfriends.

I think the relationships we have are absolutely everything, without family and friends nothing else matters, and I am grateful every day for the wonderful people in my life. While of course my relationships with my husband and family are most important, I think there is really something to be said about having great girl friends. In a world so filled with hate and competition and the inevitable drama that comes with being a girl, it is so very important to have smart, kind, generous, selfless women around you to relate to, vent to, lean on and learn from.

It's not easy being a girl and unfortunately being a grown {almost 30 year old} woman isn't a whole lot easier. It has taken me a while, but I have learned that life is too short and there are too many incredible people in the world to waste your time and energy on people who don't add something positive to your life. Friendships grow and change as we grow and change and people will come in and out of your life. It's definitely true that some people I thought I'd be close with for life and I have drifted apart but it just makes me feel that much more grateful to have the awesome groups of girlfriends that I have and the friendships I've maintained.

There really isn't much better than a night with your girlfriends where you can talk about anything and everything and find yourself crying with relief that someone understands you while crying from laughter at the same time.

It's amazing to have different groups of incredible girlfriends that I have met through the many stages of my life {high school friends, college friends, sorority sisters, Jason's high school friends' wives, Jason's college friend's wives & blog friends is how I explain them to people}because I know that no matter what I'm going through - happy, sad or otherwise - I have a friend who can relate, who can help and who can celebrate alongside me! These ladies are the best of the best and I am so very lucky to call them my friends.

And then, there's my best friend. The girl who has been my constant through all the ups and downs of life. The girl who through all the friendships, relationships and big life changes has remained my gold. The girl who stood next to me as my Maid of Honor and has just asked me to return the favor. The girl who I know no matter how long we go without seeing each other is always just a phone call away. The girl who always knows just the right thing to say and how to cheer me up with just a look. The girl who turns 30 today and I am grateful every day that she was born. The girl who is random, hilarious, beautiful, kind and is my very best friend. 
Happy Birthday my Libby. I love you SO much! 


8 comments:

P!nky said...

Girlfriends are the best. As you grow up, you really realize it's quality NOT quantity. You don't need the drama, you just need the friends that will be there when you call, no matter the time!

Love the pictures...the back to back ones are priceless.

Erin LFF said...

A lot of my groups of friends are spread out so I don't see them as much, but like you said- you know you've got a friend who can relate and help no matter the circumstances, no matter where they are!

Health, Love & Fire said...

So glad you have such amazing girl friends! They can be really tough to find, but the best blessing once you find them. Plus it sounds like your best friend it pretty great if she has a name like Libby :)

~Dawn~ said...

I seriously heart you to death!! Even tho you posted the most unflattering - I've been up since 6am - riding in the car for 5 hours - pre-yogo shots in the parking lot - just got my ass kicked in yoga - Carolyn is humping my back - photo of me!! LOL

Unknown said...

You are truly blessed in the friend department. The pictures of you and Libby are priceless and bring back so many memories. xo m

Carolyn said...

Love you too Beeb! Happy birthday Libby! :)

ajs {of MN} said...

I am SO happy and greatful for our 'blog friend' connection AND extremely happy to see that #thepinkheadband also made the cut! Hahaha xoxo!!

Katie @ yellowmangolife.blogspot.com said...

I still can't believe how easily we all got along when you gals made your way down to NE. It was an amazing trip, I met and fell in love with some great gals and look forward to continuing our friendship in MN and beyond!