Tuesday, May 26, 2015

NYC {day 1}

It all started with Flo Rida. 

Not kidding. As if I weren't excited enough to spend 5 days in New York City with my mom, aunt and cousin - I met frickin' Flo Rida at the airport which started this trip off with an epic BANG! 
It's goin down for real. 

My aunt and cousin flew in from Arkansas, my mom and I from Minneapolis and then we all reunited at LaGuardia airport! 
 In the car from the airport, my aunt gifted all of us with an Alex and Ani bracelet complete with an NYC charm. It's such a special keepsake and a perfect way to remember this trip every day!

We stayed at The Plaza and loved every single second of it. Our rooms were beautiful, the view was beautiful and really every inch of the hotel was beautiful. 

Our trip started just as it should with some champagne in our room then, once we were dolled up, a trip to The Plaza's speakeasy bar for some cocktails. 

From there we made our way to one of my most favorite places in NYC, Avra, which is a little Greek restaurant. Being that all 4 of us are Greek, we have some pretty high standards when it comes to Greek food and Avra hits it out of the park. We had some cocktails and appetizers and were too busy enjoying the amazing food to snap any photos. After Avra, we walked to the Waldorf Astoria for a drink at Sir Harry's. The first time I ever visited NYC we stayed at the Waldorf and nicknamed it "The Mother Ship", so that hotel has a special place in my heart. 

Next we headed to Tao Uptown for dinner. Tao was PACKED and we had a little misunderstanding about our reservation {aka, I messed up} so we had about an hour wait but thankfully we found a great spot in the bar and enjoyed some martinis. Once we were seated, we were blown away by the food! My mom and I split the pad thai, rock shrimp lettuce cups and a california roll and holy smokes was it good! 

We walked out of Tao to pouring rain and if you've been to NYC you know hailing a cab in the rain is like trying to win the lottery and so we braved the elements and made a dash for The Plaza!
Once we wrung out our hair and removed our heels, we threw on some jammies and enjoyed another cocktail in our room along with some good old fashioned girl talk. 

It was a great first night in NYC, but the fun was just beginning!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

A great first day recap!! Very thankful for your pictures. xo

Kayla MKOY said...

Oh my word!!! You met a celeb, had some amazing food, and were in NY?! You win. ;) this was amazing and makes me want to go ASAP!

Carolyn said...

What a trip! :) I'm obsessed with the Plaza hotel, and would love to stay there. HAHAHA

ajs {of MN} said...

haha "its going down for reaalllll" those cali rolls look YUMMY!

Erin LFF said...

Why hello Mr. Rida ;) Haha- what a fun way to kick off an AMAZING trip. I'm drooling over the plaza hotel- how seriously gorgeous! All that food looks super tasty- might as well just pin all your posts so I know EXACTLY where to go if/when I ever make it to NYC. Also, is it bad that I kinda' thinking running through the pouring rain in the city sounds a little bit fun?!

jeje said...

michael kors handbags
nmd adidas store
michael kors outlet online
yeezy boost 350
adidas ultra boost
air max
nike roshe run
kyrie irving shoes
adidas superstar
nike huarache