Friday, December 11, 2015

GIRL or BOY???

THE DAY IS FINALLY HERE! I am officially 20 weeks, halfway to meeting my second baby and this afternoon we have our ultrasound! I cannot wait to see our baby, hopefully hear that all is well and FIND OUT THE GENDER! C'mon baby, please cooperate for mama!

I was looking back at the post I did with Kenley with all those silly gender wives tales. It was fun to revisit and compare this pregnancy with that one. However, in terms of guessing the gender it just confused me more than I already am! This pregnancy has been very similar to Kenley's symptom-wise, so a lot of the wives tales results are the same. BUT, a lot of those results with K were wrong....so I just don't know!  
So is my little Ziggy a boy or a girl? Let's see what the wives have to say {using all the same things I did with K, all of which were found on parenting.com}.

Chinese Gender Chart
"This ancient method uses your age at conception and the month you did the deed to determine gender. Try it here!"
With Kenley: GIRL!
With Ziggy: BOY!
I  used to SWEAR by this one because it was crazy accurate for friends and family but lately seems to have been wrong quite a bit. But, as far as people I know, it's definitely right more than it is wrong. I mean, it was right for Kenley!


Heartbeat
"Next time your OB pulls out the Doppler to listen to the baby's heartbeat, ask her to tell you what the heart rate is. According to legend, 140+ beats per minute indicates a girl, and below 140 a boy."
With Kenley: GIRL!
With Ziggy: GIRL!
At our last appointment baby's heartbeat was 143. Kenley's was always in the 150's. So while Ziggy's heartbeat is lower than Kenley's was, it's still above 140 bpm. So girl or boy???


Drano
"This one's a little out there. Pee in a cup, mix a tablespoon of Drano in, and watch and see if it changes color. Green= girl, and blue=boy."
With Kenley: GIRL!
With Ziggy: GIRL!
With Kenley I actually went out and bought Drano to do this test and remember thinking I had completely lost my mind. I read recently that mixing baking soda with your pee is also an old wives tale {if it fizzes it's a boy, if it stays still it's a girl} - so I did that instead because it seemed less weird....until I actually did it and realized that mixing anything with your own pee is in fact weird.


Skin
"If you're breaking out like crazy, blame it on your girl babe. The belief goes that girls steal their mother's beauty, hence, those annoying zits." 
With Kenley: BOY!
With Ziggy: GIRL!
I wouldn't say I have been breaking out like crazy, however, my skin has been more problematic than it ever has. I've always been pretty lucky with my skin and even during those teenage years didn't have problems but since being pregnant this time it's super dry and itchy and I've definitely had more breakouts than ever. But I had no skin issues with Kenley despite the wives tales. So girl or boy???


Cravings
"Craving ice cream every single day? Some people believe this means it's a girl. If you have to have salty or sour stuff, then it's a boy."  
With KenleyGIRL!
With Ziggy: BOY!
I craved sweets like a mad woman with Kenley, which was strange for me since I had never had much of a sweet tooth before then. Unfortunately, the sweet tooth stuck with me after she was born, so the sweet tooth I have with this pregnancy is nothing new. I love my sweets but I'm not desperately craving them like I was with K. I also wouldn't say I've been craving salty things but I have been craving beef. Non-stop. With Kenley it was fruit, hummus and dessert and with Ziggy it's been beef {primarily brisket and meatballs} and whole milk. Meat and Milk just screams boy to me, so that's what I'm going with.


Ring on a string
"Pop off your wedding ring -- if you still can! -- and tie it to a string. Hang it over your belly. If it swings in a circle, a little guy's in your future. If it goes back and forth, you've got a girl." 
With KenleyGIRL!
With Ziggy: BOY!
When I did this one this time around it started immediately swinging back and forth then started going in a circle. So I did it a second time with Jason as a witness and it  was definitely more back and forth than it was a circle. 


Morning Sickness
"Sick as a dog during the first trimester -- or still? Signs indicate you're having a girl. Little or no morning sickness points to a boy."
With Kenley: BOY!
With Ziggy: BOY!
I've been very lucky to have avoided morning sickness with both pregnancies! I have definitely felt more crappy this time around but I chalk that up to being tired chasing after a three year old while growing a human! But still, this was wrong with Kenley, so is it wrong again???


The Mayans
"Legend has it that the Mayans determined a baby's sex by looking at the mother's age at conception and the year of conception. If both are even or odd, it's a girl. If one's even and one's odd, it's a boy."
With Kenley: BOY!
With Ziggy: BOY!
Welp, the Mayans were wrong about the world coming to an end and about Kenley being a boy, so I don't have a whole lot of faith in this one, but we shall see....

Ramzi Method.
"The Ramzi Method determines gender of a baby at six weeks by looking at an ultrasound picture to see which side the placenta is on. If the placenta is on the right the research has shown that there is a very high likelihood the child will be a boy. If the placenta is on the left then a very high likelihood exists the child will be a girl."
With KenleyGIRL!
With Ziggy: BOY!
So my buddy, Katie {or as I refer to her, The Ultrasound Gypsy}, has a talent for executing the Ramzi Method which I have never been able to figure out myself. I sent her both early ultrasound pics of Kenley {top} and Ziggy{bottom} to get her read.


The wives say it's a BOY! 
As far as what I'm thinking - I have been sure it's a boy since second one. I picture our family with a little boy, I visualize boy stuff in the house and I am drawn to boy stuff while baby browsing. I've had a couple of dreams where the baby was a girl but mostly my dreams are about a boy! The fact that I am so certain it's a boy makes me feel like it's got to be a girl. HAHA! With Kenley, I thought it was a boy but I was always drawn to girl stuff and dreamt about a baby girl. So really, I just don't know and can't hardly wait another second to find out!

Oh, and Jason also thinks it's a boy {he thought girl with Kenley}.

Now, you're up....
is Ziggy a little GIRL or a little BOY?!?!?!

ps. our gender reveal is the 19th, so you'll have to wait until next weekend to find out if you're right.
Sorry!





17 comments:

Ashley Brickner said...

I definitely say BOY! So excited for you either way! XO

P!nky said...

For some reason I'm thinking boy!!!!! But either way it's exciting!

Jenn said...

I can't wait to hear what the gender is!!! I'm thinking Boy!

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

I say boy! Enjoy today!!

Kayla MKOY said...

I think you're going to have a baby girl again! :) can't wait to find out!!!!

Bridget said...

I think boy also!!!

Jessica (The Newly) said...

Can't wait to find out! Eeee! So exciting! My vote is pink:) But I really have no inkling at all!

Brianne said...

I vote boy!

Erin LFF said...

Team BOY! :) I swear by that Chinese Gender chart!! ;)

Living Life With Joy said...

I say boy! :) Good luck at your appointment!

Amy @ http://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/

Morgan said...

Girl!!!! Can't wait to hear the news!

Ashley said...

I'm torn!! I guess by the anatomy scan skull shape usually!! I'm going to say girl...I really don't know though!!

Unknown said...

YiaYia is getting a boy vibe but good thing we love pink!

Edye Nicole said...

I'm thinking boy... So excited to see if I'm right!! Congrats :)

ajs {of MN} said...

LOVE that you are having a boy! my Chinese callie prediction was BOY so it was WAY wrong for me! ;)

mmjiaxin said...

oakley sunglasses
http://www.michaeljordanshoes.us.com
ralph lauren online
cheap basketball shoes
skechers shoes
http://www.kobeshoes.uk
chrome hearts online
tiffany and co uk
cheap true religion jeans
coach outlet online
gg

jeje said...

michael kors factory outlet
chrome hearts outlet
nike huarache
kobe bryant shoes
air jordan shoes
nike huarache
lacoste outlet
nike huaraches
michael kors outlet online
air jordans