Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fall Forward

The leaves are turning colors, the days are getting shorter and the air is getting crisper. This can only mean one thing.....IT'S TIME FOR FALL TV! I've got to tell you, these past few weeks have been rough. I hate that time of year when all my summer shows have ended and the fall shows have yet to begin. I am a self proclaimed TV addict and have recently added a second DVR to our home (my little treat for getting the boy a new TV.) J and I have worked out a wonderful little deal where we'll record all of the shows we watch together downstairs on the big TV and then all of my shows that he would rather poke his eyes out than watch will be recorded upstairs in our room. It's a perfect plan and ensures that ALL of the shows I need (that's right, need) to watch will be recorded. Last fall was super stressful with the whole "you can only record two shows at a time" thing. So let's take a little look in to what I will be doing every night for the next several months!

MONDAYS

 To be honest, I haven't decided if I'm for sure going to watch this season. I've watched every other season, but it's kind of getting old. Let's be honest, there's only so many Tom Buergeron jokes a person can take. Plus, this season's cast is less than exciting....Audrina Patridge, really? The Situation? Am I watching a trashy reality show or washed up has beens try to learn to dance? We'll see, if I watch one episode I'll get sucked in again. 

This is one of the shows we had to cut out of our line up due to too many other shows being on at the same time. BUT, now with that second little DVR friend we can start watching it again! We'll have to catch up OnDemand, but boy have I missed this show! It's so funny!

J always makes fun of me for watching this show but IT'S SO GOOD! Richard Castle is a best-selling murder mystery writer who, after suffering from writer's block, uses his hook up with the Mayor to land a gig shadowing Kate Beckett, an agent for the NYPD homicide department. Turns out writing murder mysteries helps you think like a murderer and therefore Castle becomes a huge help on the team. Some wit and humor always ensues and you can cut the sexual tension between Castle and Beckett with a knife! Great show!

Lone Star
This is a new show premiering on Fox that I think looks pretty good. J and I are going to try it out and see what we thing. It could just be our generation's "Dallas." Here's the synopsis from Fox.com, "Robert/Bob ALLEN is a charismatic and brilliant schemer who has meticulously constructed two lives in two different parts of the state. He's juggling two identities and two women in two very different worlds - all under one mountain of lies." It takes place in Texas and I'm pretty sure has something to do with the oil industry. I'll keep you posted on my thoughts on this one! 

TUESDAYS

 The results.....if I choose to watch this season.

 AHHH! The mack daddy of all TV shows! My favorite! GLEE is back! I cannot wait!!!! If you do not watch this show go to Target RIGHT NOW, pick up the season 1 DVD, catch up and then start watching on the 21st. You will thank me. I'll even give you my home address so you can send me thank you presents. I think my brain might explode when Britney is on the show! Oh wow, so excited!

After Glee, this is my favorite show! It's so inspiring! I cannot wait to meet this season's contestants and cheer them on while they lose weight and change their lives! Plus, I love me some Jillian Michaels!

J and I started watching this show because we thought it was a comedy and the previews looked funny. Well, turns out it's not a comedy, but it is a great show! We're totally attached to the Braverman family and can't wait to see what kind of trouble they get in to this season. 

WEDNESDAYS

 
 Apprently, Top Chef is my only show on Wednesdays...that can't be right. This season is halfway through and I'm not loving it as much as last year. It's still a great show and one of the few reality shows J and I watch together. 

THURSDAYS

In my opinion, this is the funniest show on TV right now. If you don't watch PLEASE add it to your Thursday line up. It is so insanely funny I can't even take it.  J and I have to pause and rewind because we miss parts from laughing so hard. And Ken Jeong (from The Hangover and Knocked Up) co-stars as the super angry Spanish teacher, which is beyond hilarious! 

I have to say, a couple of seasons ago I thought 30 Rock had lost it's magic. But last season it came back better than ever! J gave up on the show which left me watching it by myself in tears from laughing. J would seriously come check on me to see if I was OK because I laughing that loud and that hard. Can't wait for this season to start!

I'm really bummed that this is going to be Steve Carell's last season. It will be interesting to see what they do to write him off....anyone else worried the show will go down without him? I'm thinking maybe they should quit while they're ahead, as much as it would break my heart. I have, however, heard rumors of another office wedding AND that Amy Ryan is going to return as Holly! 

Then, of course I have P.R. already in progress! I'm really loving this season!

SUNDAYS

I LOVE this show! It's definitely my favorite drama! I mean, how can you resist the Walker family? Last season was so intense and so dramatic I have no idea how they're going to beat it. Plus, the season ended with a possibly deadly car wreck.....cannot wait to see what happens! 

  Does anyone NOT love Family Guy? So hilarious, so inappropriate, so addicting. This is definitely one J and I watch together. 

 I am a huge Kardashian fan...well actually, I hate Kim and Kris but I LOVE the rest of them! This show is already in progress but I love and will watch these episodes over and over. 

 This season of Entourage is almost over which really bums me out. Is it just me or has this season gone really fast? It's been sooo good thought, probably the best season yet. 

 Boardwalk Empire is HBO's newest show premiering this fall and it looks fabulous. It takes place in Atlantic City in the 20's and is directed by non other than Martin Scorsese. Sounds like a recipe for greatness. Can't wait for this one. 

 I told you I have an addiction, at  least I realize it, right? What shows are you excited for? What shows are you cutting out or adding to your line up this year?

12 comments:

love jenny xoxo said...

I love tv too! I can't wait for Glee!! I love Community and 30 Rocck too! Project runaway, yes!!

Have you watched Modern Family? It's soo good! I think you'd like it! And your boy would too :)

http://lovejennyxoxo.blogspot.com/

XOXO

Barras' said...

Love love love Keeeping up with the Kardashians! Your puggle is so cute my hubbs loves them my pup is a pug mixed with a boston!

Jenny said...

Love me some fall shows! can't wait till they start! =)

I tagged you in my blog!

Marian said...

I am sooo looking forward to Boardwalk Empire as well!!! I'm a big fan of the HBO shows!!! And I can't wait for Glee. I have a countdown at work for it:)

Kelly said...

Yep, you TOTALLY need to add Modern Family to your Wednesday night lineup!! CRACKS US UP ALL EPISODE LONG!! We tried to watch Parenthood last year too, but it was just too depressing and dramatic for us :-( Loooove me some Community as well!! BIG fan!!

ajs {of MN} said...

ahhhh i LOVE GLEE!!! i also can't wait for the Britney ep. Did you see here when she was in Mpls?!? I had to do a 6 part blog post just for the experience of Brit! hahahahaa anyway... I am also loving Project Runway this season and I am very interested in "community" but i hate jumping into shows w/o watching from the very beginning. another GREAT show is The Middle- i have to rewind to hear parts over again due to too much laughter! haha xo -A

Miss K said...

I'm a tv addict too, but wish I wasn't so hooked! This fall I'll also be watching Glee (cannot freaking wait for it to start!) and maybe DWTS. I always start strong on that show, but then quickly lose interest. Why does it have to be so long? Other shows I watch are Gossip Girl, Grey's Anatomy, CSI Las Vegas, Criminal Minds, Amazing Race, and Desperate Housewives. I just recorded Hellcats last night bc I LOVE Ashley Tisdale, but I haven't watched it yet.

Mateya said...

New follower from South Dakota :) I love finding blogs close to here! Congrats on getting engaged...how exciting!

Minnesota Girl said...

Can't wait for Fall TV!

LOVE your engagement story! I just had my reception at the U of M =)

Happy planning!

~Minnesota Girl

Jessica said...

I love the office but don't get NBC so I have to watch them out of order... no fair!

city girl said...

Do you know how much I love that you made a post about what shows you're gonna watch each day of the week? Because I have an actual list in my planner of what I'll watch each day, what needs to be DVR'd where, and all the premiere dates. So glad I'm not the only one, haha!

Brittany said...

I LOVE fall tv! CAN NOT WAIT for parenthood! i was adicted last season, and castle is also at the top of my list! :) great picks! I love snuggling under my quilt watching good tv!