Thursday, September 2, 2010

It's Like Christmas Morning!

Gopher Football begins...today!!!!!!!

Those of you who have been reading my blog for more than a day have probably come to realize that I am an enormous University of Minnesota Gopher Football fan! The day I moved in to the dorms my freshman year at the U of M was also the first Gopher Football game I went to. It was the first game of the season and after getting all settled in my dad brought my brother and I to the game. Since that game I have yet to miss a home game. I've also had the opportunity to cheer my team on during away games versus Wisconsin, Michigan, Northwestern and Virginia in Nashville for the Music City Bowl.

The best part of Gopher home games is tailgating with my family. We have become pretty famous among my friends for tailgating the right way. We have a lot of beer and a lot of food. My dad is a master at grilling and if you can heat it up....he can grill it! Our menus feature anything from breakfast quiches to steak to burger and bratwurst to pancake wrapped sausage....all on the grill!

Tonight is the first Gopher game of the season! We're playing at Middle Tennessee State. I am so excited because our beautiful brand new stadium, nicknamed The Bank, is opening up and letting fans come together to watch the first game on the big screen. We're bringing blankets and meeting friends to cheer on my team from the field! I don't think I could be more excited!

In honor of my beloved Gophers and in tribute to the amazing years past, here are some a ton of my favorite pictures from the last six years of Gopher football games, tailgating and travel:

So much maroon and gold! Now I'm even more excited! I hope this day goes fast! 
Go Gophers!!!!

6 comments:

Kristen @ All In My Twenties said...

these pictres are SOOOO cute!

Caroline said...

Love the pics!!! I can't believe football is here!

Minnesota Girl said...

What a fun blog! Just came across it =)

Despite going to St. Thomas, I'm a big Gopher fan! Go gophers!

I'll have to hit up your coffee shop sometime. Looks like a cute little place--and who can pass up a pumpkin muffin?!?

~Minnesota Girl
Latest Blog: http://girlfromthelandof10kl.blogspot.com/2010/09/wedding-slideshow.html

Miss K said...

wow you are hard core!! I love the enthusiasm! I'm not a football fan, but love tailgating! It's the best part! You look so cute in the pics too! I find it so hard to still look cute while also dressing warm. Kudo to you!

Brittany said...

You are too cute for words!

I almost bought a gopher t' for Aidyn from Old Navy but they didnt have his size :( bummer!

Kelly said...

Awwww, FUN stuff!! I feel like you're my KU Alter Ego... I have countless photos JUST like this but in Kansas Jayhawk garb ;-) Have a GREAT weekend!!!