Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Aftermath

This past weekend was a complete whirlwind. It was a good thing it was a long weekend because we needed that extra day to celebrate and tell all of our family and friends our good news!

Immediately after we got engaged we left the stadium to visit our parents. Our first stop was my dad's house...which was perfect because they were expecting us to come and watch the game with them.
 My dad and his future son-in-law

My baby sister

My brother, fiance, and  little sister

From there we went to J's dad's house. Once again, they were expecting us. It was J'd little brother's 21st birthday do we were due for dinner after the Gopher game. It was fun because we walked in like no big deal and then just whipped the ring out! They were do excited, J's step-mom was jumping up and down like a little bunny! After that we went to my mom and step-dad's house to share the news and toast with champagne. I wish I would have taken pictures at J's dad's and my mom's but there was so much going on I didn't even think of it. 
Friday after work we met up with Jake and Carolyn downtown for a couple celebratory drinks! 
I wish this wasn't blurry :(

 Me and BB showing off our bling. 

Then we all got to join my mom, step-dad, brother and step-sister in a suite for the Twin's game! It was a blast! There was a ton of great food, great people, and the Twin's won! 
Saturday, we worked all day, but afterward went to our friends Matt and Jessi's for a College Football Kick Off Party! The party was a blast, there was amazing food and a ton of fun people! They hosted over 50 guests and did a phenomenal job! Matt, Jessi and all of their close friends and family are enormous Nebraska Cornhusker fans so everyone was decked out in red and they even had a guy in their driveway roasting and serving corn-on-the-cobb! Which was so delicious! 
 Me and Jessi, the party planning extraordinaire!

J's mom and step-dad live about an hour and a half north of the cities and we really wanted to tell them in person. So Sunday morning we headed up to tell them our exciting news! They were so excited and it meant a lot to see them get so emotional and so excited! 
 J and his mom

Celebratory scooby snacks at my favorite bar, Roy's Place

I get a new piece of clothing every time we go to this bar, here's my new Roy's Place tank top!

 Me and J's step-dad, Deward, showing off my rock

When we got back to the house, Lisa had made an AMAZING dinner for us! Before J and I started dating I had never tried or even heard of brisket. One of the first times we went up to visit J's parents, his mom had made it. I was really nervous because I'm not a huge meat-eater and am very picky about the meat I do eat. I didn't want to be rude, so I tried a tiny little bit and now i'm OBSESSED! It is soooo good! So Lisa made, what I think is her best batch ever of brisket, amazing baked beans and a delicious potato salad!
 I ate all of this and then had a second serving later in the night! 

After dinner we all went out to the back yard and had an awesome bonfire! It was such a great night! 
 Me with Bailey and Lisa and Deward's dog, Dylan

Monday morning, Deward made us a delicious breakfast in bed, then it was time to hit the road. We spent most of the day catching up on sleep.Then, I met my best high school girlfriends at our favorite restaurant, Big Bowl for dinner. 
It was so much fun catching up with them, talking about all things wedding, and of course showing off this bad boy:

8 comments:

Annie said...

my goodness!!! you sure had a lot going on over the weekend!! and it looks like a lot of fun!! i love all the pictures! :)
your ring is gorgeous!!!

p.s. what city do you live in? did you go to the big bowl in edina?

Kelly said...

Awww, love all of the photos-- so cute how you have the bling up in almost all of them!! I would totally do the same ;-) Gorgeous ring and what a fun rest of the weekend!!

Misty Michelle said...

OH MY GOSH! Your ring is breathtaking!!!! I am sooo excited for you!!!! I love your tour de engagement!!! ha ha ha
Getting engaged is so exciting (or so i hear.. hahaha)... cant wait to see all your posts about the wedding and engagement photoes.. etc!!!

Have a great day!!!

Jessica said...

Your ring is gorg! I'm the same way with OBX tee's - I get one every time I go to a brew thru even thought I don't need em!

Miss K said...

I'm so happy for you! Your weekend looks and sounds amazing! That's so awesome you got to tell so many people in person!

Caroline said...

Your ring is gorgeous! Looks like you had a great time showing it off!! You are glowing!

chelsea said...

holy fun-filled weekend! And yes, your ring is gorgeous, wave it around with pride!

Brittany said...

:)) How fun! I love ALL the pictures! You guys are going to have great pictures for your slideshow!