Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Turkey Tortilla Roll-Ups

My step-mom always makes these amazing roll-ups and I finally asked her for the recipe and attempted them on my own. I thought they turned out OK, but everyone else absolutely loved them, so I guess the recipe was a success. A word to the wise--if you're going to try these, make sure there is enough filling on the inside that it doesn't taste too tortilla-y, but you don't want too put too much or it will squish out and make a monster mess.

Ingredients:
-1 jar Private Harvest Artichoke Bread Spread
-2 8oz packages of Cream Cheese (softened)
-8 green onions (tops & bottoms)
-5 oz of deli Turkey breast
-1 small can (4.5 oz) chopped black olives (drained)
-1 1/2 cups extra fine grated cheddar cheese
-5 large (10") flour tortillas


Directions:
-Start by chopping the green onions (I used my mini-chopper to save time) and turkey
-Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend together really well

-Spread about three large tablespoons of mixture on to the tortillas

-Roll the tortillas really tight and refrigerate overnight
-Slice the rolls and serve!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh yum! This sounds good!

Katie said...

This looks so delish! I'll have to give it a try! Love reading your blog - I live in Minneapolis too, so its nice to read a local blogger! :)

xox

megan said...

Yum!! May have to make some of these for an easy grab and go lunch!

Katie said...

these look very good! go girl. I'm hungry already for lunch andi t's only 10:42...yikes

It's A Love Story said...

looks so yummy cant wait to try!

dottie said...

I need a food processor. Those look so good!

A Beautiful Mess said...

New follower! I love your blog! Your little family is so cute!!! Can't wait to see and hear more! This recipe looks so yummy!

Miss K said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............