Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love Day!

Happy Valentines Day lovers!!! 

I have seen this adorable little link-up going around and decided that today
LOVE DAY
was the perfect day to play along.
1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
We started dating on November 10th 2007. Soooo...4 years, 3 months and 4 days! 
November 10th 2007! When it all began!


2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
It's a pretty long story {all of which you can read HERE} but the quick version goes something like this:
Our dad's have been best friends since they were in 8th grade so our families grew up together and even spent holidays together. I've had a crush on him sine I was little and finally after almost 23 years he got a clue.

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
We were married on November 5th 2011! I guess that means we've been married for 3 months and 9 days!

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
We were married at Lake of the Isles Lutheran Church and our reception was at International Market Square,
both in Minneapolis.
We had about 175 guests at our wedding...I feel like that's a medium-sized wedding.

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
I call him JJ, or Ju or J.Ju --don't really know why but there they are.
He calls me Toot, Kris Kris or Too {short for Toot}. And, no, I will not be sharing the story.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
#1. His name {Jason} actually means "Healer" and it's a perfect fit. He is always helping friends and family and he would do anything to help his loved ones. He is truly a rock for all of those close to him, especially me!
#2. No matter how mad I am at him he can always make me laugh.
This is also the thing I probably dislike most about him.
#3. His appearance. I know that sounds shallow, but it's true....homeboy is a hottie!
I LOVE his eyes, his lips, his super long legs and his tiny little butt.

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
Again, it's a pretty long story {read it HERE} but the gist is that he popped the question on the 50-yard-line of the football field where my favorite team, the University of MN Golden Gophers, play. It was the most perfect proposal and I was completely shocked!

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne and rose petals?
Actually, he's neither. He's never really done the token V-day gifts. His gifts are always really personal and thoughtful, usually it will be a date he knows I will love. For example, a few years ago we were in Arizona for V-day and he took me to the zoo!

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
BOTH! I love date nights, especially ones that take place on a beach!
But, lazy nights at home with my honey are some of my favorites!
hard to tell...but we're on a beach. 

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant other. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
Oh man....this is tough. I would love to travel, there are so many places I want to see and Jason and I always have a blast when we travel.
our first vacation together. Colorado, summer 2007
But, if I could only do ONE thing with Jason I would want to have a baby. Cheesy, I know. But I've always wanted to be a mom and I know Jason will be an amazing dad. Don't get any ideas...it's not happening soon!

11. Tell us what you plan on doing this Valentine's Day.
Tonight we will be going out to dinner at my favorite restaurant, Chino Latino! Then, in a couple of weeks I have a fun little surprise date planned for him!

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's Day?
There are plenty of things that I want, but I'm not asking for anything specific. Some quality time with my man {without phones or tv's or computers} is all I really want.

13. Give us one piece of advice for keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
LAUGH. Life goes by so fast and there are so many factors that can cause stress and sadness and anger. I think it's so crucial to have fun together! You've got to keep things fun and interesting. If you're able to laugh, you'll be able to get through the hard parts of life. Jason and I are constantly cracking up; whether its at a TV show or movie, the crazy things our dog does, each other and ourselves. We truly love being together and always have a blast.
What is more important than that?


14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
 After 4 years and a slew of professional engagement and wedding pictures this one is still my all-time favorite.

I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day with the ones you LOVE! 

9 comments:

Young and Fabulous said...

i still think your proposal story is one of my favorites EVER!! I totally remember reading about that!!

i love that Jasons name means healer :-) and him and kurt sound the exact same about when Im mad he can make me laugh (even though I hate it hahaha)

i just love all of this LOVE!!!! you guys are a hot couple. Happy V-day baby G!!

xoxox

Jessica said...

I didn't know you guys have known each other for so long! How awesome :D

Carolyn said...

Love it!!! :) Happy Valentine's day married lady!!

T-ball said...

Happy valentines day baby!

Caroline said...

Such a cute couple! Happy Valentine's Day!

Angie said...

Awww..I love it! How awesome that you all have been lifelong friends. Happy Valentines Day to you both. Hope you enjoy your day!

mandell said...

Hey girl, found your blog through Brynn. This is so sweet! Isn't it wild how the person you wind up with is someone that was there all along? I loved reading and can't wait to follow along now! Happy Valentine's Day!

Kristen said...

Your love story is precious! Happy Valentine's Day! :)

Miss K said...

so cute!! happy valentines day!! xoxo