Friday, September 7, 2012

Baby Checklist Check-In

Another month has come and gone and we are now TWO MONTHS away from meeting our baby girl! 
I cannot even believe it!
TWO MONTHS! 

August was a super productive month in terms of "getting ready for baby." 
I was able to get quite a bit knocked off the list:

√ Decide on a name
Yes, we FINALLY have a name for our baby girl and NO I will not tell you what it is.
You only have two months to wait...you can do it!

√ Take prenatal classes
We completed all three of our Preparing for Childbirth classes and our Newborn Care class. I loved the classes and would definitely recommend Amma to any parents-to-be in the Twin Cities. I am also taking a Breastfeeding class in a couple of weeks but my Beeb will be my partner for that one (you are welcome Jason.)

√ Tour the Birthing Center at the hospital
We toured The Birth Place a couple of weeks ago, and even though I threw up from anxiety (I am scared of hospitals) seeing everything made me feel a lot better and a lot more prepared for the whole childbirth thing. 


√ Buy a mom car
I've had Harlow for a month now and still absolutely LOVE her!

√ Figure out maternity leave
My boss and I met a few weeks ago to iron out the details of my leave and I couldn't be happier. I'll have 4 weeks of strict leave and then will slowly start easing back in to work from home. The great thing about my job is that I can very easily do a lot of it from home, so I think it will be a nice transition, plus great practice to see if I can continue to work from home a couple days a week. 

√ Figure out baptism
Baby nugget will be baptized sometime this winter at the church where her mama and daddy got married. We are so honored to have my brother, Nate, and Jason's sister, Nicole, as Godparents.
Nate & Nicole from our wedding.

√ Enjoy a babymoon with my man
I wish I could have a babymoon weekend every weekend. The beginning of August, Jason and I spent a super fun weekend together and got in some much needed quality time.
The full recap can be found HERE.

√  Get prenatal massage
I got one. It was disappointing. After some thought, I'm pretty sure it was my girl that was crappy--not prenatal massages in general. I'd like to give it one more try sometime in the next couple of months...somewhere else.

√ Develop a birth plan
The plan has been developed and I feel so much more calm about childbirth now that I know what my preferences are.
I shared our birth plan a couple of weeks ago, found HERE if you're interested. 

√ Study up on newborn vaccines to determine what’s right for baby F
I know people have some pretty strong opinions about vaccines, but Jason and I both agreed that we want to proceed with the typical vaccines recommended by the AAP. We both had all the vaccines growing up--and we turned out OK! 

√ Figure out baby’s “Coming Home” outfit
Nugget is being born during Gopher Season, so it really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that she will be making her big debut out into the real world in a Gopher ensemble. 

√ Figure out baby's newborn photo shoot outfit(s)
Sara Jayne (my super awesome photographer friend) and I agreed that less is more when it comes to Nugget's newborn shoot. I got her a cute little girly headband and a ruffled diaper cover but beyond that lady will be au naturel. 


√ Get all hospital paperwork in order
When we toured the birthplace they gave us all the necessary paperwork so that we could pre-register. Now we're all set and (hopefully) won't have to do much more than show up when the time comes. But, you all know that I am far too anal to let pre-registering be enough...so I have a filled out paper version of the forms safely tucked into a folder that we will bring along with us...just in case.

√ Prepare “phone tree” for news of baby’s arrival
With the invention of...what are those things called?....oh, CELL PHONES! I think a phone tree is a little silly, but, I totally made one! I wanted to make sure I had a list of everyone we wanted to notify and that Jason had all of their phone numbers saved in his phone. The big announcement will be sent to family and close friends via text, with phone calls to our parents, then of course the twitter & facebook announcements will follow shortly after.

√ Create labor playlist
The playlist is made. It's pretty straightforward: every Sade song ever recorded (not kidding). 
I am pretty obsessed with Sade, her music is so soft, calming, and beautiful...just as I anticipate labor will be. HA! But Seriously, Sade is my go-to whenever I'm feeling stressed or anxious or sad....so it's only appropriate that she tries and helps me through childbirth too. 

√ For the nursery: Get throw pillows for the bed
After hours of searching for the perfect pillows on Etsy, I found ones I loved for super cheap at Target. SCORE!

√ For the nursery: Get art for the walls
My mom got the Nugget a super cute picture for her wall and I grabbed a couple other things as well. Can't wait to show you!

√ For the nursery: Find window valance
The quest for a valance has been a long one (thanks for your patience Beeb!) After finding only pieces of what I liked and wanted I have passed the reigns to the uber creative Kelly! She is sweet enough to take a valance I bought and combine it with some fabric we found to make EXACTLY what I want.
I cannot wait to see it! 


Now I've got only two months left and a pretty short To-Do list to accomplish!
I'm feeling good--I think I can do it! 

-Find a pediatrician
-Figure out childcare
-Get maternity pictures taken
-Find baby shower outfit for shower 2
-Purchase any important items remaining on registry
-Baby laundry
-Pack for the hospital
-Reach goal of walking 250 miles during pregnancy
-Install Car Seat
-Finish the nursery!!!


Wish me luck!

13 comments:

Coley said...

Hahaha love love love. Yay yay so excited an thank u so much again. U look beautiful. Love u. Muuahz xoxo
Coley

Ruthie Hart said...

ahhh I wish you would tell your baby name!!! Are you sure you don't wanna share so you can get lots of monogrammed stuff?? I swear my sister got 50% monogrammed stuff at her shower since she told the name!! And that is great you will get to ease back into work by working from home! Maybe after you go back full time you can have a babysitter at the house so you can spend your breaks with your baby girl!! And I love your going home outfit, so fitting hehe. I have the outfit I wore coming home in a special box and want my babies to wear it:-)

Caroline said...

Two months will be here before you know it. Are you doing an all natural childbirth?

Ashley said...

Look at you power through your to-do list, you busy little bee ;)
If you are still looking for wall art - I would love to make something for your little nuggets wall!!

Sarah said...

Dude you rocked your list! Way to go! Sounds like you and DH are already to go!I guess if I make a list of my own it might help my mind worries and I may feel better prepared? Can't wait for her arrival!

P!nky said...

Great great work! YOu can rock the rest out no prob!

J and A said...

This is awesome! So excited about it ALL!!! It's gone by soooo fast! :)

ajs {of MN} said...

wahoo, getting so much done! i LOVE her going home outfit- she will be the cutest little gopher fan!

Britni Kesselring said...

You've been busy!!

Even though time might seem like it's moving at snail pace, enjoy your last two months.

Can't wait for updates, so excited for you guys.

Kristen said...

yay! i can't wait for your new arrival
these next 2 months are going to seriously fly by!

Carolyn said...

You're doing great beeb! :) Can't wait to meet nugget!

Kelsey said...

You got so much done! I can't wait to hear the name and see the nursery you are so close! And just saw the sneak peak on instagram for the pictures can't wait to see the rest! your gorgeous!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Wow, girl you are on top of it! You got so much done in such a short amount of time! :) I love that you made a Sade playlist for the hospital! I love her music too... although, it's Daniel and I's sexy time music! haha!!