Thursday, September 27, 2012

My Belly {34 weeks}

It's been a really tough week for me. Throughout my pregnancy I've been trying really hard to stay positive and be thankful that I have had it pretty easy. Whether you have an easy pregnancy or not there are ALWAYS things you can find to complain about, and I've tried my hardest to be grateful and happy and keep the gripes to myself {and my husband}. But this week it got hard. I had my routine doctor's appointment on Monday morning, which I always look forward to because I LOVE my doctor and I LOVE hearing how great me and the baby are doing. This week, however, I got nothing but discouraging news. 

First, they did a routine blood test and it turns out I'm anemic. They're not worried about the baby because I am taking my prenatal vitamins every day and that provides the baby with all the iron she needs, there's just nothing left for me. The good news is that this can be fixed with an iron supplement that my doctor prescribed and could also be an explanation as to why I have been so painfully tired and have had a hard time breathing.

Next they discovered that I have a urinary tract infection, which at this point isn't super alarming because it's pretty normal during pregnancy and can be cured with medication. What's not great, however, is if the infection has anything to do with my kidneys because this can cause preterm labor. 

Finally, my doctor was concerned about me losing weight. I didn't think too much of it because I have been trying hard to keep track of what I'm eating so that I'm making sure to eat enough as well as not overeat. So, I figured the weight loss was due to my body evening out (because I most certainly was not keeping track before). Nonetheless, I should be gaining at least a pound a week and I am losing weight. Then she measured me and my uterus is measuring small. You are suppose to measure to approximately the number of weeks you are at, so I should have been somewhere around 33-34 centimeters but only measured at 31. So, my doctor wants  me to come in for an ultrasound to make sure the baby is growing properly. 

I lost it.
I got so nervous and angry and scared. I've had a perfect report card up until this point and hearing three negative things in one appointment pushed me over the edge. Thankfully, none of these things are super serious BUT I do have to wait two weeks (well, 11 days now) for my ultrasound...which means I'll be worrying nonstop until then. Jason brought up a great point, though, if it was something serious they wouldn't want to wait to do the ultrasound, so I try to keep telling myself that.

Again, I am so grateful and thank God every day for keeping me healthy throughout this pregnancy and I know deep down that everything is going to be OK but I'm just having a hard time not worrying...plus the fatigue and hormones certainly don't help. 

Anyways, on to more fun stuff...
Nugget this week...
*is recognizing and reacting to certain songs! (baby girl is already a Sade fan)
*is urinating a pint a day!
*if born now may only need a short stay in the hospital! Babies born between 34-37 weeks generally only have some short-term health issues but do just as well as full-term babies. WHOOP!

Size of the baby?  
Hard to say because I am measuring small...but on average she's probably about 4.75 pounds and measuring almost 18 inches long.

Total Weight Gain/Loss?  

Maternity Clothes?  
I'm in maternity jeans & tank tops but everything else is just a bigger non-preggo size.

Stretch marks?  
Still nothing...wahooo!

Best Moments?  
Standing up as a bridesmaid at my friend Christina's wedding. It was such a beautiful wedding and special day and I am so honored to have been a part of it (Nugget too).

Movement? 
Little lady is still active, but now instead of kicks and flutters I'm getting full on body rolls. Sometimes it feel like I'm going down a big drop on a roller coaster.

Food Cravings?  
Fruit. I can't get enough fruit, particularly red grapes.

Anything making you queasy or sick? 
It's either the iron supplement or the medication for the infection, or maybe the combo of the two but I have been super nauseous the past couple of days.

What I miss?  
I miss not being pregnant. There's a lot of really amazing things about having this baby inside of me, but I am really ready to return to my pre-pregnancy body.

Nausea/Vomiting?  
Just these pills.

Symptoms? 
Major fatigue & shortness of breath.

Labor signs?  
No labor signs, but baby is still head down!

Gender? 
BABY GIRL.  

Belly Button In or Out?
Still rockin' the innie.

Wedding rings On or Off?  
All my rings are still on and aren't showing signs of coming off {yet}

Sleep?
Sleeping great...it's ALL I want to do!

What I'm looking forward to? 
I am looking forward to my ultrasound on the 8th...I want to see that baby girl and get some peace of mind that she is doing just fine.



11 comments:

Kelly B. said...

Oh girl, I'm sorry you had a negative checkup! I'm a basket case under the BEST conditions I can't imagine what that'd be like. Especially the waiting. Jason was right though! Those guys know their stuff, so if they're not panicked, things will hopefully be okay!

P!nky said...

Oh sweet girl it will be okay. I know that sounds cheesy, but it will. I can totally understand why you were upset, and let it out girl.

You look wonderful and I know your baby girl will be beautiful and strong. I'll be praying for you and sending hugs your way!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I look forward to the ultrasound so you can put your mind at ease. What a lucky little one as you have been doing everything right. The most beautiful preggie I have ever seen! xoxo m

Ashley said...

Agreed with Jason - if it were something serious they would have sent you for an ultrasound immediately!!!
If it makes you feel better...last week at my appointment I was 36 weeks. The doc said I was measuring smaller than 33 - which could just mean he was starting to drop. However, this week(37 weeks) I was measuring at just over 36 weeks! She didn't seem concerned in the least, saying that he could have been curled up tight last week or stretched way out this week.

Don't take that measuring tape as a definite measurement - it's a rough estimate to keep track without doing US's allll the time. Everything will be fine :) I'm jealous you get to see your little nugget again!

You are getting there girl, you're getting closer and closer!!

Carolyn said...

I've been thinking about you all week Beeb! You know this... but I love you and I'm here for you if you need me! Even if I'm in Tahoe... HAHAHA My iPhone is always on!! LOVE YOU!

Erin said...

Aww, so sorry to hear that the checkup was a stressful one :( Your husband is smart though, if it was anything urgent they wouldn't have had you wait 2 weeks. I know that probably only helps a LITTLE, so I'll be praying these next 11 days go smoothly and quickly and that you can find some way to ease your mind until then. Lots of love lil' mama!!! :) Everything is going to be just fine!

Ruthie Hart said...

Girl I am praying that everything is okay!! You are in God's hands and this baby is healthy. So this isn't the greatest week for pregos...we have had a hard week with my sister's pregnancy...they found water on the babys brain and she will have to have an MRI immediately after birth and a high chance of a shunt surgically put in by a neursurgeon. To add to the craziness, her leg was hurting and they found blood clot so she was admitted late Monday night and will have a C section on Monday the 1st. It has been emotional and hard but God has a plan and we already love the heck outta that baby. Your sweet girl will be here in no time, safe and sound

Anonymous said...

Awww kris I'm so sorry. U n god daughter r in my thoughts n prayers. I love u!!
Positive thinkin. It's all gonna be ok.
Love love
Coley bear

Tickled Pink said...

I'm sorry you are feeling down in the dumps. I'm sure everything is and will be okay. I was also found to be anemic during this pregnancy and all I have to do is take a pill- easy breezy. I feel like the UTI is totally normal as long as it's taken care of and weight loss happens. I'm sure you will get back on track. Keep staying your positive self!! :) Thinking about you!!

Schnelle said...

I worry even after a "good" appointment so can imagine how you must feel. Anemia and UTIs are very common and easily treated. Your husband is right, had they been concerned they wouldve gotten you right in. Everything is probably fine, they are just taking precautionary measures. Best of luck to you!! You're in my thoughts.

Nicole-Lynn said...

Baby girl is a Sade fan haha! Love it! I'm sorry to hear of the bad news at your appt! I would be upset too, but hopefully it's nothing you have to worry about. Just listen to the Dr. and do what you can so the baby is growing, healthy. You're doing great, girl! I'm so happy for you! :)