Friday, September 28, 2012

Pumpkin Butterscotch Cookies

It's officially fall in Minneapolis and I never thought I'd say this but....HALLELUJIAH. 
Fall in Minnie is gorgeous and I love this time of year but never, ever, ever in my life have I wanted summer to end, 
but this year...bring it on!
On top of my constant craving for sweets, I have been lusting over anything pumpkin flavored. I could literally drink a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte every single day....if only they weren't like $18.

I came across a recipe for Pumpkin Butterscotch Cookies and couldn't contain myself! They turned out SO frickin' yummy and I'm already planning on making a second batch once this first one is gone {which will probably be tonight}. 

Here's the recipe {originally found on joythebaker.com} in case you too would like to sweeten up your fall! 

INGREDIENTS: 
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup sugar
*1 1/2 cup canola oil
* 1 cup canned pumpkin
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup butterscotch chips

DIRECTIONS: 
* Position a rack in the middle of the oven & preheat 325 degrees. Line {or spray} two baking sheets.

* Stir the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together in a medium bowl and set aside.

* Beat the eggs and sugar together at a medium speed until smooth and lightened in color {about 1 minute}. 

* On low speed, mix the oil, pumpkin and vanilla until blended. 

* Slowly stir in flour mixture until well incorporated. Then mix in the chips. 

* Using a large tablespoon, scoop mounds of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing the cookies at least 2 1/2 inches apart. 

* Bake the cookies one sheet at a time tuntil the tops are firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry {about 14-16 minutes}. Cool them on sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely....or eat them warm because they are DELICIOUS warm! 


3 comments:

Kelsey said...

they look amazing!

Anonymous said...

Yummy idea to combine the two flavors. Hope it stopped the nugget cravings! xo m

Nicole-Lynn said...

Yum! Those look awesome! I have been reallly into baking lately, just made some similar pumpkin cookies w/ brown butter frosting. They were amazing!