Monday, November 26, 2012

Many Thanks

I hope you all had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving weekend filled with family, friends and food!
Thanksgiving was extra special for us this year because we have SO much to be thankful for right now. Obviously, we couldn't be more thankful for our healthy and beautiful baby girl, but it is our family and friends who have made this time so incredibly special for us. I'm up to my elbows in thank you cards that I need to get out for all the amazing gifts, food and help that we have received this past week but I have to take a moment to give out some specific thank yous that deserve extra attention. 

Thanks to YOU
Thank you, thank you, thank you sweet friends for all of your congratulatory tweets, facebook messages, e-mails, blog comments and texts. I was completely overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and I only wish I would have had time to respond to every single one of you. It didn't go unnoticed and you have NO idea how much it all meant to me and Jason.

Thanks to my MOM.
I DO NOT know what I would do without you.
As my full-time job is now to take care of this nugget, it's comforting to know that I still have my mama to take care of me. Thank you so much for everything you've done these past few days, these past nine months, and truthfully, these past (almost) 28 years. From all the food to the support to the gifts you really deserve some sort of award. I can only hope that 28 years from now Kenley loves me as much as I love you.

Thanks to my in-laws KEVIN, JUDYE & ALLY.
Thank you all so much for taking such good care of Bailey for us. It was such a relief to be able to focus on the baby without having to worry about our first born and I know she loves spending time with all of you. 

Thanks to my BEEB. 
You had a lot to put up with these last couple of weeks but I really can't tell you how much I appreciate you listening to me complain, and then get super excited, and then cry and then complain again. You let me just vent and rant while you simply listened. You have no idea how much that meant to me and how much it really helped me.

 Thanks to my HUSBAND.
I couldn't have done any of this without you...quite literally. But beyond that little detail, you have been incredible. Throughout the entire pregnancy, the whole childbirth experience, and our first week as parents you have been more than I ever could have expected. You know just how to cheer me up, make me laugh and help me when I need it. You have been doting, patient and so very sweet. Even through my crazy hormonal rage, I know that it isn't possible for me to love you any more than I do right now.

Last, but most certainly not least...
Thanks to all who have sent us well wishes, sent us prayers, sent us gifts, brought us food, and have been there for us the last nine months and especially the last 11 days...
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! 


10 comments:

P!nky said...

SO happy and excited for you sweet girl!

Best wishes for your new lil family!

xoxo

Schnelle said...

So happy to hear you're doing well. I'm looking forward to more update posts when you have time:) but for now, enjoy every little second with your little girl

Carolyn said...

I am so unbelievably happy for you and Jason! Kenley is an adorable little baby, and I can't wait to watch you two be amazing parents and raise Kenley to be an awesome Chocolate Fawver!! :)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely my pleasure to help and fuss over you. Honored to be a part of the little miracle. xo m

Caroline said...

I love this! You have such a beautiful family!

George Kouris said...

Dear Kristin, We were in tears after reading this blog You got thru the last nine months because we asked God to watch over you and have a good and healthy baby "Golden Nugget" she is. God Bless you and Jason With Love Great Grandma and
great Grandpa Kouris.

MIL said...

We all need to thank you for bringing "Golden Nugget" into this world! You're grandparents are precious just like you! I know how they must feel being miles away and with health issues but it does show we are all here spiritually and technically to love you all, bless you and thank you ALL for this beautiful LOVE we get to share.

Katie said...

Dear K,


I'm waiting for a birth story.

K

Bre said...

Hope all is going well with the little one. How is Bailey adjusting?

ajs {of MN} said...

the TY to your mom is so sweet. i have this new found love and appreciation for my mom now that i have a little girl and only hope that, later in life, avrie and i are as close and my mom and i are.