Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Barbecue Couples Baby Shower

Even though Carolyn is one of my best friends, we know each other because our husbands have been friends since middle school. So when I was starting to think of ideas for Carolyn's shower and also think about who would be on the guest list, I thought it would be perfect if Jason and I hosted a couples shower for Carolyn and Jake that included the boys' friends and their wives.

I wanted this shower to really reflect both Jake & Carolyn and when I saw this on Pinterest...
...I knew a Baby Barbecue Party was just the theme! 


I started with
the stationery
since it is after all my line of work, and everything evolved from there. 
When doing the decor I knew I wanted to stick with the chalkboard and baby blue for the colors, use the gingham pattern and the footprints throughout and incorporate some of Jake & Carolyn's favorite things like Burgers, Whiskey, Cupcakes and the Letter 'R'. 

Here's how it all came together:

the DECOR.
The decor was a lot of DIY and a few a store bought items, like the adorable balloons from The Corner Balloon Shoppe. Instead of going through everything, I'll just let the pictures do the talking.




I also made a slideshow of Carolyn's bump pictures and other cute photos from throughout her pregnancy and had it playing on the TV.


the FOOD.
Carolyn loves burgers, like really loves them! So I didn't even have to give a burger bar a second thought. We had burgers, buns, toppings, potato salad, pasta salad, chips, deviled eggs, and a baby bassinet fruit basket handmade by yours truly.



the DRINKS.
For beverages we served bottled water, beer, wine and two different punches - one safe for preggos and one NOT safe for preggos {which included some Barcardi Wolfberry}.




the Cupcakes. 
Out of everything I did for the shower I was absolutely the most proud of the cupcakes that I baked and decorated myself! I even made the frosting from scratch (thanks for the recipe and tips Kelly!) What you need to understand is that Carolyn LOVES cupcakes, so they were a neccessity and also that I don't bake. I don't bake at all. I'm so bad at it. When I do bake I am either with Carolyn or she is on speed dial to help me through it. Needless to say, it was a pretty big frickin' deal that I made these on my own AND THEY TURNED OUT!



the GAMES.
PRICE IS RIGHT: Jason gave me the go ahead for ONE shower game and it had to be something that the boys could get in to. The Price is Right is my absolute favorite shower game and I thought it would be perfect! I bought some must have essential items for new moms, new dads and new babies. Then I listed all the items on a super cute game card and each guest had to guess the price of each of the items. Whoever's total came closest to the actual total won and Jake and Carolyn got to bring home all of the stuff.

DIAPER RAFFLE: On the invitations I included a cute little poem asking each of the guests to bring a pack of diapers and then everyone who brought diapers got to enter their name in the raffle and before we opened gifts we announced a winner!



the PRIZES.
Sticking with the BBQ theme, we gave away some fun BBQ accessories in a super cute lantern.
Inside the lantern was: Barbecue Sauce, Liquid Smoke, BBQ Spice Rub, a Can Koozie and Corn-on-the-Cobb Holders.


the FAVORS.
For the favors I really wanted to do a Jake favor and a Carolyn favor...which turned out to be simple! Whiskey for Jake and chocolate for Carolyn! Thanks to our amazing designer at work I was able to have her create custom labels for the Jack Daniels bottles and "R" labels for the baby food jars. I really love how these turned out and they seemed to be a hit!



the GUESTS.
No matter how cute the shower, it's not complete without guests. Jake and Carolyn have some amazing friends a great family and I'm so happy that so many of them were able to join us and celebrate Baby Boy Roe!

 

It was such a fun day celebrating Jake, Carolyn and Baby Roe. It was so special to put together this shower for them and I really hope they loved it.

35 comments:

Erin LFF said...

UH-MAZING!!! Girl, you can throw me a party any day! Everything is so personalized and perfect- LOVE IT!!

Dawn said...

What a fabulous shower. Way to go, Kristin! :)

Jess Beer said...

You are party planner extraordinaire! Beautiful job, and so personal! I love it!

Anonymous said...

You made the shower so special and memorable. If you could stand it I feel event planning is your calling! xo m

Jessica said...

So cute! All the details were PERFECT :D

Kelly B. said...

this is SO awesome! You thought of everything and it all tied together so perfectly! So jealous you have the skills and access to stationary type stuff. I'd probably throw a party every month if I could brand it so frickin' adorably!

Carolyn said...

This post makes me want to go back and relive Saturday! HAHA Such a special day. Thank you so much Beeb! It means the world to me, and so do you!!!!

J and A said...

You rock girl!!! WOW - all the details are so so awesome!! Nice work.

KatiePerk said...

What an amazing shower!! Your thoughtfulness really shows! Nice job!!

shay said...

Wow, this baby shower ROCKED! You had such awesome ideas and everything came out amazing! You definitely should pat yourself on the back, great job!

Nikki said...

This is the cutest baby shower. You are so creative - great job!

Christelle said...

Wow!! Great job, such a cute shower and fun theme!! I agree with your mom...you need to go into the party planning business!

Ashley said...

Wow, you knocked it out of the park lady!!! Great job!

Young and Fabulous said...

ok......

can you come throw me a party???!?!?!?? ANY PARTY!! Lil wayne party?!?

kristin this is AMAZING! not only are you such an amazing friend but all of the little tiny details and everything that went into it!

literally blown away by this. BLOWN AWAY! the favors are just awesome!

AHH! so exciting!

xoxox

Kristen said...

One of the cutest baby showers I have ever seen, absolutely perfect! Good work!

Anonymous said...

This is all so amazing!!! Wow!

New follower :)

Bridget said...

You did sooooo good!!! Good job! We played the Price is Right game @ my shower also...it was a hit! I love all the details...you thought of everything!

Kelsey said...

wow! you did amazing. I love love the favors and the lanterns with the bbq treats.

Sarah said...

This is AH-mazing!!! I wish I was there! Love every last detail!!

Sami said...

You did such an amazing job! I love everything, especially the favors and the invitations! Such cute ideas :)

Sarah said...

above and beyond!
this is FANTASTIC!!! so so good. im jealous!
way to go girlfriend!
ps. wherever you live, looks unbelievable!

Leslie said...

This is one of the cutest showers I have ever seen!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it all!!

Kristen said...

everything looks fantastic!! you went all out and i love all the details you did! wish i could have been there! you guys are so lucky to have each other!

Kate said...

This is the most amazing shower EVER! Thinking about how much it had to have cost is giving me heart palpitations. Oh my word... these things get SO pricey and I can tell how much you all love each other!! What a beautifully perfect shower. You really outdid yourself missy!

Ruthie Hart said...

Kristin you did such a fantastic job! I can't even pick my favorite thing about the shower but the invites and whiskey bottles are up top! Carolyn is so lucky to have you in her life!

Megan said...

Everything turned out amazing! You did a great job! I love it all! You are such a great friend to do this for her!

ajs {of MN} said...

once again... such a great shower!! you are a wonderful friend!

Unknown said...

I love the price is right game, would you be able to email that to me? I'm on a tight budget with no help & the shower is Saturday!?

Nicole-Lynn said...

Aww so fun! You did so good! I love the theme, the food, the drinks are hilarious-- love how you labeled the drink dispensers!

Unknown said...

So cute! I am planning my first baby shower for a friend and your creative ideas have me so excited! How did you make or where did you get the Baby Mama and Big Papa drinking glasses?

Katie @ yellowmangolife.blogspot.com said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love all of the details and special touches - you are VERY talented! =)

nicomima said...

Hi. LOVE LOVE LOVE what you did here. I have pinned everything!

Could tell me where you got your jack daniels labels done? I have a vintage and red theme with a little light blue so i cannot use the exact chalboard but i cant find anything that matches

thanks and great job

stevenjared0853 said...

This is very useful information on baby shower party. Last month, I arranged my daughter’s baby shower party at one of exquisite NYC venues. Hired a renowned florist who made excellent decorations for this event and we all enjoyed a lot.

love said...

zzzzz2018.7.24
canada goose outlet
ugg boots
ugg boots
christian louboutin sale
louboutin shoes
pandora jewelry
michael kors outlet online sale
oakley sunglasses
moncler uk
hermes belts

Drew Watts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.