Thursday, July 11, 2013

Weighing In: Part 3

Somehow it's already July and we are in the heart of summer! It's also been nearly 8 months since I had my baby girl, which means it's due time to check in on my post-baby weight loss journey. I'd say it's going OK. Of course the weight isn't just flying off like I'd hoped and wished but I'm making progress to get back to where I was (and hopefully am getting closer to not scaring people in a swimsuit...yikes!)
a girl (and my husband) can dream....right?


I have changed my diet to include mostly protein, fruits and vegetables with some light carbs and dairy mixed in. I'm calling it the sorta-yeast-free-gluten-free-dairy free-esque diet that still allows me to eat my favorite foods. I've heard some people refer to it as the 80/20 diet...eat great 80% of the time and enjoy the not-so-good-for-you foods that you love {within reason of course} 20% of the time.When I do this, I feel great! I feel lighter, have more energy and find that I am full and satisfied AND am losing weight. I am still counting calories on MyFitnessPal {<---add me if you use it!} to ensure I'm not going way over and try to aim for around 1,200-1,500 calories a day. The hard part is just sticking to this and not letting a "cheat" day completely derail me. Instead of feeling guilty I just need to get over it, move on and get back on track.

I've been using Meal Planning methods each week to help keep me organized and expedite the grocery shopping experience. I spend a little time each week setting up my meals using a super simple excel spreadsheet. I look at our calendar to see what we have going on for the week and plan my meals accordingly, usually leaving the weekends open for either leftovers or dinners out. For example, here's my plan for this week:

MONDAY
TUESDAY
WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY
FRIDAY
SATURDAY
SUNDAY
BREAKFAST
Grande Nonfat Latte, Fiber One Cereal & Skim Milk
Low-Fat Chai Latte, Fiber One Cereal & Skim Milk
Low-Fat Chai Latte, Fiber One Cereal & Skim Milk
Low-Fat Chai Latte, Fiber One Cereal & Skim Milk
Low-Fat Chai Latte, Fiber One Cereal & Skim Milk


LUNCH
Broccoli Salad
Broccoli Salad
Broccoli Salad
Broccoli Salad
Broccoli Salad


DINNER
Teriyaki Chicken & Pineapple Skewers w/ Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
Dinner w/
Kari & Ryan!
Chipotle Twice Baked Sweet Potato
Whole Wheat Pasta, Broccoli & Light Alfredo Sauce
Spinach & Feta Turkey Burger w/ Greek Salad
Alex & Lina’s Party!

SNACK
Cottage Cheese & Apple Sauce
Pistachios
Cottage Cheese & Apple Sauce
Pistachios
Cottage Cheese & Apple Sauce


 I get all of the ingredients I will need to make myself breakfast, lunch and two snacks each day. Then I will get all the ingredients for 4-5 dinners and Jason and I can chose what we're going to have from those options each day, the other couple days we will either eat left overs, go out for dinner or make up meals using random ingredients we have. I also do all of my food prep on the weekends so that everything is ready, organized and easy to grab during the chaotic workday mornings.
Sometimes it feels like so much work but I found that when I've planned ahead and have my meals set I don't cheat. It's when I don't have food in the house or a lunch prepared that I tend to go off the deep end.

I am now less that 5 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight, so I'm more motivated than ever to stick to eating healthy! My next goal is to up my workouts. I've been doing great at going for daily walks but I need to increase the strength training with some yoga or a Jillian DVD at home. 

After almost 8 months post-baby, here's my weight loss stats:

Total weight gained: 34 pounds
Weight loss goal: 42 pounds
Total weight loss: 30 pounds
Pounds to go: 12 pounds
{HOLLER!!!!!}


See my other Weigh In posts here:
Weighing In
Weighing In: Part 2


Tell me....what are your secrets to losing the last few pounds and keeping them off?


13 comments:

Jessica said...

You are doing so great!!

Jess Beer said...

You're doing a great job - so close!

The only thing I would suggest is looking at the amount of recommended nutrients you're getting, as well as how many servings of fruits and vegetables, dairy, etc. If I remember right, MFP has a screen where it shows how much protein, carbs, etc. it recommends, right? (I'm doing WW right now, but I've used MFP in the past.) I know with myself, if I don't get enough protein, fiber, or even fat, I don't lose weight.

I'd also recommend some more variety - if I don't switch up my breakfasts and lunches, I get super bored and lose my motivation!

Christelle said...

Wow!! Way to go, girl! I love the way you've laid out your plan, I definitely think it's a "doable" and reasonable way to smartly lose weight. Thanks for sharing, I really think this diet challenged girl could benefit from your tips! I tend to get easily overwhelmed with meal planning/preping...ugh! :)

Nikki said...

You are doing great! Keep up the good work!

Carolyn said...

You're doing great Beeb. I can't wait to hang out with you and your neon swim suit. :)

ajs {of MN} said...

gosh you look JUST LIKE a VS model!! ;)

great work on keeping up with feeling great and looking great! its not EVER easy to do :)

Anonymous said...

You are amazing keeping up with all that you do. A hot little mama too! xo m

Katie said...

girl, you are doing amazing. so awesome! if you cut out the cereal and switch to eggs, or oatmeal, or something and swap out that pasta for something else you may just get that 5 lbs off even sooner. The biggest thing that has helped me has been no dairy, no bread, no pasta. the end. :)

Bridget said...

Def having a meal plan and making the meals ahead of time helps with eating healthy. Keep in mind that nutrition is the biggest part of weight loss. Your doing great and you don't need to be so hard on yourself. Easier said then done...I know. Workouts will come when they come! I think you look fabulous!!!!

Laura said...

wow awesome!! Congrats on doing so well, very inspiring, I will def. be on a similar weight loss journey soon!

Sarah at Midwest Pillowtalk said...

you are doing so well!!!!! absolutely amaze balls.
jealous of your discipline and great eating habits, LOL!

Sarah @ Life, Love & Dinner said...

Looks like you're doing awesome! I love that you're so organized with your meal planning. I wish I could be but I lose steam!

Nicole-Lynn said...

Wow you are so disciplined! I'm terrible with sticking to a meal plan. I need to try it after this pregnancy, though, for sure!