Monday, December 9, 2013

Mother/Daughter Time

This weekend Jason was driving the car we bought from his sister home from Florida {God bless his heart} which meant Kenley and I had three whole days together - just the two of us. 

I had a million things I wanted to get done this weekend and figured with Jason gone I'd be so productive, but that wasn't the case, and I wouldn't change a thing. Kenley and I snuggled on the couch and watched Mickey, listened to Christmas music and pointed to ornaments on the tree, made cupcakes, had lunch with some lovely blog mamas and their daughters, met our friend's brand new baby Kayla, ate Mickey Mouse pancakes, played with toys, read books and snuggled some more. 
Melissa // Sarah // Dawn
 
This low key weekend really got me thinking about how lucky I am. The bond between a mother and a daughter is unlike any bond in the world and I feel so incredibly grateful to be able to experience it. Kenley is getting more and more affectionate and the little looks she gives me, the games we play, and the times she comes over to give me a hug and kiss for no reason make my heart explode into a million pieces. I look at her with such awe and can't really believe she's mine. 

I have always had a really wonderful and special relationship with my mom and I pray that Kenley and I will have the same connection. These days are going by so fast and Kenley is learning something new every day but I hope so much that weekends like these and the memories we make together will keep our bond strong forever.

I miss her so much on this Monday morning and wish I could spend all day every day with my little girl {with some breaks of course, us mamas need some breaks!}

14 comments:

Bridget said...

Really wish I could have joined you guys on Saturday...I hope it works out next time! Glad you had a fun weekend with your cute lil' girl!

~Dawn~ said...

I definitely cherish our family time together, but one-on-one time with my girls is SO SPECIAL!!

So fun seeing you and your little princess on Saturday - if you couldn't tell, my girls and I are quite smitten by that little Kenley!

Ashley Brickner said...

LOVE this! I couldn't agree more!

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

the girl in the red shoes said...

Yay for mommy daughter time! Kenley is the cutest!

Ashley said...

Sounds like a fun girls weekend!! Kenley is so beautiful, just like her momma. So mischievous too! ;)

lo @ crazy ever after said...

Azalea's face kills me in that picture. Ha!!

P!nky said...

Awwww what a lovely girl weekend! Something to cherish for sure.

Carolyn said...

Sounds like a great weekend, and YAY for a new car! :) I know just how close you and Mama P are, and I know that you and Kenley will be just as close! :)

Courtney B said...

Oh I LOVE this post! It wounds like a PERFECT weekend! The time goes too fast and I love that you're soaking up every second. Perfect reminder to just enjoy life with our littles!
I wish we could meet!

Heather Leigh_A beautiful ministry said...

Sounds like a great weekend!!! A mama and daughter gathering sounds like so much fun! =D I def know how you feel.. My girl is so so special to me! She melts my heart all the time
Heather@Likeamorningcupofcoffee.blogspot.com/

ajs {of MN} said...

mommy/daughter wknds are the best, it looks like she was enjoy her time with mommy just as much as you were enjoy it with her!

i am SO SO sad that i came down with a bug for the wknd, i wanted to be at lunch SO bad- but being that it was mom/baby time i didn't want to pass anything on! please lets plan another one for this winter!

i can tell you first hand that i love my every single day with my girl but you are most certainly correct in momma's need break too! ;)

hope you have a wonderful week!

hello erin said...

Such a fun weekend! Sounds like the perfect girls weekend!!

Anonymous said...

I am confident you and your Mou will have what we have. Kenny is certainly bonded with you. Now comes the hard part. That little girl will watch you like a hawk!
xo m

Sarah said...

So great meeting you and Kenley on Saturday! Hope to see you both again soon!