Thursday, May 15, 2014

Is It Worth It? Let Me Work It.

Who doesn't love a lil Missy on a Thirsty Thursday morning?

Please hit play to set the tone:

OK, so this song really has nothing to do with today's post, but the title is pretty perfect - so go with it.

 Losing weight is nothing but math...calories in - calories burned = 3,500 calorie deficit and BOOM a pound gone! And getting fit is as simple as cardio + strength training. And getting healthy? Duh. Veggies + Fruits + Protein - Sugar & Processed foods = happy body.

But as we all know too well, nothing about any of that is easy. Losing weight, getting in shape and getting healthy is hard. REALLY HARD. It' a process and it's a commitment. Which is why my blood instantly boils when I hear "you lost 19 pounds? Wow! Tell me your secret!" There is no secret. I've been busting my ass for five and a half months. And nothing about it has been easy.
via
I've earned every pound I've lost. No one can lose this weight for me, no one can lift the weights for me, no one can go on the run for me. Every day me, myself and I have to CHOOSE to eat cucumbers instead of crackers, a skinny vanilla latte instead of a peppermint white mocha and water instead of wine {although that one doesn't happen often}.

After busting my ass for months, people are starting to notice the change and all I want to hear is "You look awesome!" "Keep up the hard work!" "You are my hero!" "Your hard work is really paying off! Good for you!" I don't want to hear that I really should let myself have that brownie or plate of nachos, that I should just accept my body as it is or that I have no more weight to lose. I've said it a million times - it's not about the number, it's about feeling great and looking great and if that's bad, then sorry I'm bad. I really wish people could learn to applaud each others successes versus criticize them.

OK, I'm starting to rant! This is supposed to be an inspiring post!

My point is that none of this is fun - but seeing results is WAY fun! And motivating. Does it suck sometimes? Sure, it sucks a lot of the time. But I feel better, I'm no longer bloated, I sleep so much better, I have a ton more energy, my last period I didn't even get cramps, my clothes fit better and I feel more confident. When I feel frustrated or sick of working so dang hard I try and remember those things. If I feel this awesome after 5 months, how awesome am I going to feel after 10?! It's a slow race but as they say....
via
via

via
via

via

Annnnd....I'm off my soapbox! We're halfway through the month! I'm dying to know how your goals are going!!! Catch me up! You can do it! Don't give up!





19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your hard work has paid off. You look happy, healthly and are a hot little mama!

ps The planks are getting so hard but I will keep at it if you do!
xo m

~Dawn~ said...

You are one HOT MAMA! Way to go, girl!!

Colleen Sullivan said...

Good for you! The willpower to chose a "healthy snack" like carrots or cucumber instead of crackers is my toughest issue. While I know there isn't a "secret" to actually losing the weight I do think some people have a "secret" mindset or trick that helps them make the right choices. Or they've just trained themselves to not even think of going for that ice cream. You know? That's hard for me. I'm a total food person. Love this series! Thanks for sharing!!

http://www.thechiway.weebly.com said...

I'm fairly new to following your blog...but just had to say you sid this perfectly! Keep up the fantastic work!! You're doing AWESOME! And you truly are inspiring!!!!!!!

Ashley said...

Jeez girl, how do I get some of your motivation?! 17 lbs is amazing!

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

Woo! I totally agree with everything you've said, especially the WHY. I have also heard "why do you exercise so much, you're already little" plenty of times before, and while it's a little about that, it's more about wanting to be healthy! So many people in my family and my husband's family are overweight and have other health problems, and I want to do everything I can to avoid that. I also think generationally, exercise is more important to people our age which sometimes explains the comments...but still! :)
Keep on workin hard girl!

Kelly B. said...

I was thinking at yoga how great you looked but wasn't sure if that was creepy to say for our first actual time meeting- hahah!

as far as rants- it's funny you say that, I just typed up a ranty-workout-related-post. haha. Maybe that one will get published next week. ;)

Erin LFF said...

I put my thang down flip it and REVERSE ITTT! ;) These past few months have been SO TOUGH staying on track and I've messed up a zillion times, but once we start seeing the results its so so worth it. It sucks when others don't recognize how much blood sweat and tears have went into this!!! I'm SO proud of you, you are looking great and above that you are FEELING great which is the best part!!!! MUAH!

Carolyn said...

I know I've mentioned this already, but you are seriously kicking ass! I know just how hard you're working, and you're rocking it. Plus, you're inspiring me to rock it too. So thanks for that Beeb! :)

ajs {of MN} said...

without seeing you in person, i KNOW you are working SO hard and the dedication to yourself is going to pay off BIG time for years to come! :)

Kate said...

Kristen! I had no clue that you'd been working out for 5 months. I so wish I would have realized because I am down 22 lbs. since Christmas and have been working my ass off for it. I can totally relate to everything you just said! Virtual high 5, my friend!

Brittany said...

Awesome job. I agree it is so frustrating when people say I am depriving myself if I choose not to eat something or that I need cheat days or any other stupid comment. Uh no I know what I am doing and I'd appreciate encouragement rather than discouragement.

Cayla said...

High five girl! Congrats! And there is nothing better then some Missy to get this workout party started :)

Karen G said...

Love this post! People will always have an opinion {too fat, too skinny}, it's all about how you feel. You look great mama. Total inspiration.

WinterBenson said...

You're right! Its so much work, but it's worth it over the brownie every time! You're doing great! Don't let the haters get you down. I've learned that people are generally going to criticize, so I've just told myself that they can go ahead. It's just fuel for my fire!

Nikki said...

great work keep it up!

柯云 said...

2016-03-02keyun
coach outlet
fit flops
hollister kids
air max 90
nike free 5.0
michael kors outlet
oakley sunglasses
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton outlet
air max 95
cheap toms
micheael kors outlet
ugg outlet store
coach factory outlet
coach factory outlet
louis vuitton bags
kobe 8
swarovski crystal
kd 8
the north face jackets
christian louboutin shoes
michael kors outlet online
kate spade purses
coach factory outlet online
canada goose outlet
nfl jerseys wholesale
michael kors handbags
giuseppe zanotti outlet
coach outlet store online clearance
michael kors handbags
louis vuitton purses
polo ralph lauren
cheap toms shoes
supra shoes
canada goose outlet
jordan concords
cheap oakleys
soccer shoes
louis vuitton outlet online
chanel bags
abercrombie & fitch

chenzhen said...

oakley outlet
coach factorty outlet
ed hardy outlet
coach factory outlet
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton
tory burch sandals
hollister shirts
rolex watches
louboutin shoes
air jordan shoes
ralph lauren
cheap oakleys
ralph lauren outlet
hollister clothing store
coach outlet store online
christian louboutin shoes
jordan retro 4
ralph lauren
oakley outlet
coach factory outlet
louis vuitton handbags
air jordan shoes
adidas originals store
ray ban outlet
abercrombie outlet
louis vuitton purses
christian louboutin shoes
nike running shoes
louis vuitton purses
michael kors canada
jordan retro 8
air jordan shoes
true religion outlet
longchamp outlet
lebron 13
louis vuitton outlet
kobe shoes
coach factory outlet
marc jacobs outlet
20160402chenzhen

Unknown said...

ralph lauren pas cher
ghd uk
cartier outlet store
ferragamo shoes
ray-ban sunglasses
tiffany and co
cheap oakley sunglasses
ferragamo shoes
ralph lauren outlet
coach outlet
lululemon outlet online
coach outlet
links of london jewellery
oakley sunglasses
tiffany and co
fitflops clearance
christian louboutin outlet
nike blazer pas cher
michael kors uk
louis vuitton sunglasses for women
soccer jerseys wholesale
snapbacks wholesale
mulberry outlet
coach outlet store
louis vuitton outlet
ray-ban sunglasses
michael kors canada
links of london
reebok outlet store
coach outlet store
nike air huarache
rolex watches
true religion uk outlet
lacoste shirts
swarovski crystal
chanyuan0604