Tuesday, January 6, 2015

{all about oils} LEMON

Today is all about lemon oil, which should make you all super excited because it's a good one - definitely a must-have in my opinion! Lemon oil is actually the very first essential oil that I tried and was the one that peaked my interest and made me want to try other oils. Even if you aren't interested in converting into a complete oil user, you should still have lemon. If nothing else, just for your water because it tastes so delicious.


Description:
The top-selling dōTERRA essential oil, Lemon has
multiple benefits and uses. Lemon is a powerful
cleansing agent that purifies the air, disinfects surfaces, and can be used as a non-toxic cleaner throughout the home. When added to water, Lemon provides a refreshing and healthy boost throughout the day. Lemon is frequently added to food to enhance the flavor of desserts and main dishes. Due to its high limonene content, Lemon is a powerful antioxidant that can help ward off free radicals. Taken internally, Lemon provides cleansing and digestive benefits, can soothe an irritated throat, and supports healthy respiratory function. When diffused, Lemon is very uplifting and energizing and has been shown to improve mood and cognitive ability.

Benefits:
-Cleanses and purifies the air and surfaces
-Naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion
-Supports healthy respiratory function
-Promotes a positive mood and cognitive ability 
{more at: doterratools.com}

How I use LEMON:
-2 drops in my water every morning right when I wake up & throughout the day
-To clean my rings
-In my diffuser to cleanse the air & uplift mood
-In cooking {it's particularly good in my Lemon/Oregano grilled chicken breast}
-To clean counter tops



To buy your own Lemon Oil, simply go to http://mydoterra.com/mamaandmou
 And, of course, if you have any questions don't hesitate to email me!
mamaandmou@gmail.com






10 comments:

~Dawn~ said...

Let's talk about me hosting a party!!!! PLEASE!!

Nadine said...

Is there an oil that is great for allergies?

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

My son's stroller caused skid marks on our hardwood floor and I was having trouble getting rid of them. Little bit of lemon oil did the trick :) I also had something super sticky on my hands recently and the lemon oil helped take it off but I can't remember what it was.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing overviews of oils! I will definitely be tuned in to learn more.

Kayla MKOY said...

Byyyyy the way- the peppermint oil that Erin gave me for Christmas totally worked. Oh my word. Thank you! I'm so excited to learn more about them.

J and A said...

Do you ship to Canada?? I have been meaning to try some oils.

Erin LFF said...

This might be the next one I want!! SO many uses!! :)

ajs {of MN} said...

lets talk about me attending dawn's party!!! i need me some LEMON for my water and my EVERYTHING and ORANGE for my hands to rub on my face and PEPPERMINT for my teeth!!!!!

Unknown said...

I love my oils! Pretty addicted to lemon, wild orange and peppermint. My belly feels really good :0)
xo m

Laura Marie Keenan said...

I just got some essential oils for Christmas (lemon included) and am so excited to use them. I'm nervous to actually ingest them though. I heard lemon can be good for healing acne, so I've been trying that out!