Thursday, January 29, 2015

P-O-T-T-Y TRAINED!

Praise Lord Hallelujah! I feel apprehensive even writing this because I'm afraid I'll jinx it all but I am 99.9% sure that Kenley K is POTTY TRAINED. It's like Christmas, my birthday & the Gopher home opener all rolled in to one! 
There was no trickery, no treats and no fancy method - it was just a girl and her mom spending a week mostly at home in Doc McStuffins undies. 

It took two days of half accidents/half successes for it to sink in and then once it did it was "Nen doh pee", "Nen doh poop" all day long! Nen, by the way is what Kenley calls herself and it's fantastic. It has been, brace yourself, 8 days since we've had an accident and I just could not be more excited or more proud. 

The difference between this time and attempts number one and number two is that I was committed. I mean, I was ready to rid my home of diapers a year ago but I really didn't put the time and effort in to teaching Kenley what she needed to do. I just kind of thought if we had a potty, she'd figure it out. I truly think potty training is harder on the parents than the kiddo, but once I was ready to tackle it with complete focus and attention - Kenley nailed it! I should have given her more credit and stepped up to the plate a while ago. But Hakunah Matata - my kid is potty trained and I am a hot minute away from throwing away any and all diaper paraphonilia and then I am going to have a one person dance party because I AM SO HAPPY! 

 Next up....big girl bed.





13 comments:

Erin LFF said...

YAYYYYY KENLEY! And YAY Momma, too!!! :)

hello erin said...

Throw it away!! I think my favorite day of life so far was the day we threw away our diaper genie. I HATED THAT THING. Go kenley go! I fully agree- way harder on the parents. But once everyone's on board it's smooth sailing!

Bridget said...

wooohoooo...GOOD FOR YOU!!! Parents should get awards for this shit :) haha. So does she stay dry all night...considering she's still in a crib, if she has to go @ night does she yell for you guys? Curious how that works for when it comes time to PT Turner...which scares me!

Carolyn said...

YAY! Go Kenley! :)

~Dawn~ said...

WHOO HOO!! Way to go Kenley....and mama!!

Kayla MKOY said...

BIG FAT YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

ajs {of MN} said...

yah kenley!!! way to stick it out mama!

Unknown said...

Yay! That is awesome.

Anonymous said...

You go girl!! We have concurred it also just recently and it is SO NICE not having to buy diapers (until the second makes her appearance)! Celebrate with some wine for me ;)

Unknown said...

AWESOME !! Go mom and K !

J and A said...

This is awesome!! Good work!! Big girl bed...I am worried about this transition most!!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

CONGRATS! I can only imagine how good that feels hahaha

http://crowleyparty.blogspot.com/

Laura Marie Keenan said...

Yay Kenley! I plan on training Liam the exact same way when he is ready. No crazy methods, treats, etc. Since we cloth diaper, I'm not in a huge rush...but it sure would be nice before baby #2 comes!