Tuesday, January 27, 2015

all about oils {PEPPERMINT}




Ah, Peppermint Oil. What can I even say? This is far and away my favorite oil - we fly through it at our house. With so many different uses and an incredible smell and taste, it's one that everybody should have for sure! 


Description: The peppermint plant is actually a hybrid of watermint and spearmint and was first described by Carl Linneaus in 1753. A high menthol content—like that found in the dōTERRA Peppermint essential oil—distinguishes the best quality Peppermint from other products. Frequently
used in toothpaste and chewing gum for oral health,
Peppermint also helps to alleviate stomach upset and promotes healthy respiratory function. Peppermint continues to be one of the best-selling favorites among dōTERRA essential oils.

Primary Benefits: 
-Promotes healthy respiratory function and clear breathing
-Alleviates stomach upset
-Frequently used in toothpaste and
chewing gum for oral health

How I use Peppermint:
- Mixed with Wild Orange as a little pick-me-up (especially in the morning)
- On my teeth to freshen my breath
- On my belly for stomach aches
- On my temples for headaches {aka hangovers}
- On my neck when it's sore
- In my lattes! Holy smokes is this delicious! Minty and yummy without all the nasty sugar and chemicals found in those syrups.
- In baking - peppermint brownies anyone?!?


To buy your own Peppermint Oil, simply go to http://mydoterra.com/mamaandmou
 And, of course, if you have any questions don't hesitate to email me!
mamaandmou@gmail.com





5 comments:

Kayla MKOY said...

Seriously thinking of purchasing this like right now. I think it would be amazing in our house!!

Erin LFF said...

I think I would MUCH rather use peppermint for upset stomach than chewing nasty, chalky tums! This comes in the sample kit right? :)

Alison Farnham said...

If you have bad sinus infections, 1-2 drops under the tongue open those sinuses right up!

foodscape.vanillaplummedia.com said...

OMG! I love peppermint oil I rub it on my temples for migraines as well. It's really helpful! Great suggestions. I will be trying it for stomach aches as you suggested next. Thank you!

Unknown said...

Peppermint is one of my staples!
Thank you for teaching me about getting oily. xo m