Monday, September 28, 2015

a bridal brunch

This past weekend my best friend got married! While I do have a few photos from the weekend's festivities, I decided to wait to do a full recap until we have our professional photos back from Sara Jayne! I do, however, have photos from the Bridal Brunch my mom and I hosted to kick off the wedding weekend. I'd only been to one Bridal Brunch in the past, for my sister-in-law, and absolutely loved it. It's intended for just the bride, her bridesmaids, her mom and her mother-in-law-to-be. It's nothing more than a lovely reason to celebrate the bride and the women closest to her and start the wedding weekend off on a happy and excited foot. 

We decided to go with a girly pink, white and silver color scheme which really came together nicely. The menu we wanted to keep light, since everybody had to be in a bridesmaid dress the next day. So we did a build your own salad bar with a variety of fresh toppings, dressings and lemon oregano chicken along with fresh fruit. We also, of course, had a mimosa bar! And for dessert some lovely vanilla buttercream cupcakes made by yours truly. Two of our gorgeous ladies are gluten free, so it was my first experience baking with a gluten free flour blend, but I've got to say it may be my new go to! The cupcakes were delicious! 





8 comments:

P!nky said...

What a beautiful Bridal brunch. Y'all did a fabulous job, I love the pictures [Sarah Jayne is so talented] and the drinks looked perfect! I'm so glad you had a good time, friend.

Jenn said...

It looks BEAUTIFUL!!!! Well done :)

Christina Lea Loves said...

Every details looks perfect! I love all the pink and girly touches - the adorable congrats balloons on the mantle are my favorite!

BLovedBoston said...

You are the hostess with the mostess - you did such a wonderful job planning and executing this bridal luncheon! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

Unknown said...

Love how it all came together! So glad we did it. A great way to get to know Nate's family. xo m

Erin LFF said...

Everything is picture-perfect, as always!! You always have the best balloons too- the 'congrats' is so stinkin' cute!

Brittany said...

That looks like so much fun. Great job.

ajs {of MN} said...

a bridal brunch with only the closest is such a fun idea. everything looked great!