Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Kenleyisms

Kenley is a month away from being three years old {how?} and she won't.stop.talking. To be honest, I completely lost track of what was "typical" in terms of milestones and development after she turned one, but it seems to me this kid's vocabulary and language is a little ahead of it's time. She doesn't miss a thing, remembers EVERYTHING and is quite literally an adorable little sponge.
While she is speaking in full sentences, uses words like "actually", "remember" and "probably"{correctly I might add} she still is just a baby and has her own little spin on the English language. I'm kicking myself for not writing down every single funny thing she's said and all of her Kenley versions of words, but there are a few that will forever stick and therefore have been deemed "Kenleyisms".
  • Chunky Mail -  or junk mail
  • Mewgert - or music
  • Woah-Woah - or car {no idea}
  • Bob - or sippy cup of  milk she gets when she wakes up and before bed
  • Poovie - or "smoothie" aka those fruit/veggie pouches
  • Bobo - her best friend Brody
  • Calvin and the Chickbux - Alvin and the Chipmunks
  • Nen - her nickname for herself
  • Paw-pellows - or marshmallows
  • Fa-go me - or fallow me
Currently she can't say her "Rs" or her "Ls" and both she pronounces as a "W" so her name is "Kenwee",  her favorite color her "Weh-whoah" {yellow}, 

And then she has all 8 of her grandparents which have their own unique Kenley name: Papa Tom, Papa Meow Meow, Papa Horsie, Papa Steve, Yia Yia, Grandma Juicey, DiDi and Blue. 

Each time she learns to say a word correctly, I get a little sad. I mean, I'm happy she's learning and am proud to have the most brilliant kid to ever live but her fun little language is so cute and I kind of want her to talk like this forever. 




8 comments:

Jenn said...

So cute! I love hearing little kids talk because it is absolutely adorable! (and don't worry, the L's and R's are totally normal until 7 or 8, so just enjoy the absolutely cuteness of weh-whoah! haha)

P!nky said...

Oh my goodness, she is so stinking cute, lady! I just love her lil sayings.

Melanie Smith said...

I work with a little boy who used to call me Nemene (pronouncing it Neh-muh-nee) instead of Melanie. It was so so sweet and I was so sad when he started saying Melanie correctly. Little mispronunciations are just the cutest!

Unknown said...

I love chatting with that little mou. So entertaining and high on the cuteness factor! I adore how she says Walter, elevator and
alligator. xo m

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

Hey atleast you wrote them down now! I realized the other day there are so many things about Annabelle I haven't recorded in awhile. Life just gets in the way sometimes... but the best part about a blog is if you sit down and write a post, it will always be there for us to look back on!

She is absolutely adorable. I love how she is using such large words in her little sentences... and that she has her own "words."

Erin LFF said...

That picture of her is just TOO much :) I want to meet Kenwee before she stops saying all these cute things!! ;)

ajs {of MN} said...

bah ahahahhaha.... "Calvin and the Chickbux"

chenmeinv0 said...

hermes kelly bag
true religion kids
toms uk
michael kors outlet online
fitflops
cheap ray ban sunglasses
adidas nmd
parker pens
north face outlet
hermes handbags
chenyingying20170407