Monday, January 25, 2010

Tiling Chalk Line

I had a meeting with our contractor this afternoon and was thrilled to hear things are still moving along according to schedule. I was shocked to see that the guys had already completed the wall tiling in BOTH bathrooms by the time I got there! It's looking great!






The picture does not do it justice but the tile looks amazing against the yellow walls.


















Here the guys are getting ready to lay the quarry tile which will be behind the service area and in the back room. They measure out each square so it's even, something which I am sure is common knowledge, but I've never tiled anything before. I stood there and watched them measure with this chalk tool for at least 10 minutes, it was fascinating. When I told Jason about it he just laughed, I mean "duh". For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about I have included a picture of this marvel tiling tool below!




Check out this link for tips on how to use one of these sweet things...
http://www.rd.com/how-to-use-a-chalk-line/article17911.html

No comments: