Monday, January 11, 2010

We're Comin'...





















Our banners are up! The neighborhood knows we're coming! I am really happy with how they turned out!

I had a meeting with Eric, our contractor, today and he confirmed that the wiring is officially taken care of and we can FINALLY move on. On tap for this week: tomorrow they will be taping and prepping to finish painting, Wednesday--they'll be painting the ceiling and then finishing up the walls, by Friday--our wainscot will be installed! It's really going to start taking shape this week, which will be really refreshing after 3 weeks of looking exactly the same. Next week we'll get our floors and the stone on the fireplace will be installed! I asked Eric to give me a time line and he said if we're really ambitious it could be done in 3 weeks! However, we have to keep in mind that we have to pass inspection. So far, the inspector has approved everything that's been done but St. Louis Park is notorious for being difficult. Hopefully, I can I bribe them with lattes and mochas and they will pass us with flying colors!

On another note, hearing the "3 weeks" made me realize how much I still need to accomplish. I'm not going to share for fear that seeing it in writing will send me into a major panic attack but lets just say I really need to get my ducks in a row. Thank goodness I got that yoga package to try to keep me calm, at least for an hour or so.



No comments: