Friday, December 20, 2013

Red Velvet Candy Cane Cupcakes

I am typically not a big baker, but something about the holidays flips a switch in me and I become Betty frickin Crocker and have the urge to "whip up" festive treats pretty much constantly. My first batch of goodies were meant for our dear friends who just had a baby and they turned out pretty stinkin' good, which means I must share, right?


 

   

What you need: 
-1 box of Red Velvet Cake Mix & whatever the mix requires (this particular box was just water, vegetable oil & eggs)
-Bag of Hersey Candy Cane Kisses
-2 Candy Canes (chopped)
-8oz of Cream Cheese (room temperature)
-1 stick of butter (room temperature)
-3 cups of Powder Sugar
-1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract

What you do:
-Start by mixing the cupcakes according to the box
-Fill cupcake liners about halfway full then drop a Hersey Kiss in the middle
-Bake according to the box
-Allow cupcakes to COMPLETELY cool (I actually boxed them up overnight)
-Mix room temperature Cream Cheese and Butter on medium speed until fluffy (about 2 minutes)
-Add in Vanilla
-Slowly mix in Powdered Sugar (after adding the 3 cups check the consistency & taste - add more sugar if needed)
-Frost the cupcakes then top with chopped Candy Cane

Yeilds 24 cupcakes

Also, CONGRATULATIONS to Allison who has won the Aromi Beauty Giveaway!


6 comments:

Ashley said...

These look SO GOOD! I'm doing some baking this weekend, I think these might make it onto the 'must-bake' list!

P!nky said...

Amazing recipe....poopy I didn't win ;)!

Congrats to Allison!

WinterBenson said...

Yum!! Those kind of Hershey kisses are my favourite!

ajs {of MN} said...

Yum!

Anonymous said...

One word...YUM!!

Anonymous said...

One word...YUM!!