Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A Whale of a Baby Shower

When one of my best friends, Christina, found out she was having a baby girl, I instantly knew I wanted to do some sort of nautical themed baby shower consisting of Navy and Pink as our friendship has basically been built on laying by the pool and boating. 
When I saw a bunch of adorable whale related baby outfits at Target, it was a done deal. You all know by now that planning parties is pretty much my favorite thing in the world {see my BBQ Couples Baby Shower, Fox Themed Baby Shower and Kenley's Pink Balloon 1st Birthday Party} but this one might have been my favorite! With help from my mom, we were able to put together a girly and summery baby shower for Christina and her peanut. 

As any good party knows, it starts with the stationery. My incredible friend Erin designed the invitations and all the printed materials for me and I'm obsessed with how they turned out. Erin totally got my vision and I really can't believe how quickly and easily these came together. Check out Designs by Erin to see more of her amazing work!
From there we worked on the decor,  food and games. Everything was hot pink. light pink and navy and if it had a whale on it....I bought it. Christina's Granny Frannie even said "What's with all the whales?" HA! I also DIY'd some poms, a diaper life preserver and a garland. Looking back I wish I had done more with the food table, but live and learn, right? There's always another party!

In the SHOWER bags were one baby item starting with the letter written on the bag {S-shampoo, H-hanger, O-onesies...you get the drift} and the guests had to guess the items inside. It's my new favorite shower game. Probably my favorite detail from the shower was our little "Message in a Bottle" station. Each guest was asked to write a message filled with advice or well wishes to Christina and roll it up and put it in a bottle. Then, Christina can open them as she feels she needs some encouragement.

For the menu,  we did a light summery menu consisting of Chicken Salad on Croissants, a Balsamic Strawberry & Walnut Salad, Watermelon Feta Basil bites, Deviled Eggs, and these yummy Cucumber Dill Bacon Bites. Drinks consisted of Raspberry Lemonade and Bottled Whale Water - simple, easy and preggo appropriate! The cake and the whale cookie favors were made by a friend of mine and were just as delicious as they were adorable!

It was such a fun and special day celebrating one of my most favorite people! I could not have pulled this off without the help of my mom and I love that we can do things like this together. My mom totally gets how type-A I am and that I have a vision in my head which doesn't always come together in the most glamorous way - but usually ends up OK.

Enough of me blabbing...here's the Whale Shower:

Baby Clothes, SHoes & Sunglasses : Target
Whale Towel : Pottery Barn Kids
Invitations & Printed materials : Designs by Erin
Message Bottles : Invitation in a Bottle
Cake & Cookies : Personal Friend {let me know if you want her contact info!}
Food & Decor : Me & My Mama




12 comments:

P!nky said...

Everything looks super fabulous, lady. Erin did such a wonderful job with the design, she is so stinking talented!

Oh my goodness that cake, I need some NOW!

KatiePerk said...

That is an adorable shower! The details are so thoughtful and what a lovely color scheme.

~Dawn~ said...

Can you throw me a party...just because?? haha LOVE this, Kristin. You should really go into the party planning business!!

Jessica said...

What an adorable shower! That cake. And those cookies. SO cute! Love the message in a bottle idea too. Well done, Mama! Your friend is a very lucky lady:)

Erin @ Happily Obsessed said...

You plan the best parties!! And why didn't I know Erin did invite design?! Better believe I just sent her an email for our bday invites!! ha!

Unknown said...

A very special shower for a very special prego. Another beautiful, creative and fun event by Kris. Also fun and a little stressful helping you! :-) xo m

Ashley said...

So, I hope this is what you're planning on doing for a career...because you my friend, are a kick ass party planner.

Erin LFF said...

Agreed with all the peeps above- you are a FABULOUS party planner and should really just do that for a job! :) It all is SO CUTE!

Ashleigh said...

I love it :) How cute...

Ashley Brickner said...

This is perfect!!!

GirlieAndGlamorous ♥ said...

I just did a pink and navy nautical theme (anchors and sailboats but girly) for my daughters first birthday. It came out so super cute. So of course I love this!

Kristin said...

You did an amazing job as always lady!