Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Monthly Motivation: Meet My Health Coach!

I am so excited to be linking up with my Beeb and friends Pinky & Lynn for their Monthly Motivation linkup!
Life Love and Puppy Prints
The purpose of the link up is to share health and fitness goals, inspiration and stories in hopes of encouraging and motivating each other to be as healthy as we can be. For the very first Monthly Motivation I wanted to introduce all of you to someone who has been my weekly motivation for the past several months. I met my health coach, Danielle, through our mutual friend Kari and was in love with her pretty much instantly. Danielle is so knowledgeable, so sweet and so fun. In such a short time she has taught me so much and has truly inspired change within me. As she always says “it takes baby steps” but the things she is teaching me and the ways she is inspiring me are going to result in permanent healthy changes for me and my family. However, if you are anything like me, you might be asking “What in the heck is a health coach?” And so I’ve asked Danielle to introduce herself and also ask some basic health coaching questions!

. . . .

Hello! My name is Danielle Zacheretti and I am obsessed with health and wellness!
Don’t get me wrong, I love a fresh baked cookie as much as the next girl, I just like mine packed with good nutrition! My quest for health and wellness started with a sudden desire to workout which turned into a slight obsession which turned into a career in personal training. Around this same time my daughter, now 8, was diagnosed with a disease where tumors would grow on her vocal chords. She needed surgery every few weeks to have them removed so they wouldn’t block her airway. This lead to a deep desire to want to help my daughter heal. I immersed myself in health and nutrition. Over the years her condition got better and better and she is now a healthy 8 year old!
My obsession for health and wellness has run over into every area of my life. It has helped my family, my friends, and it lead to an extremely healthy baby boy who is now 7.5 months old. I started health coaching 2 years ago with an emphasis on helping women get healthy PRE pregnancy which in turn leads to a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby!
I am happily married to a man who gracefully puts up with all of my quirks about food and natural living! In fact, I think he secretly loves how healthy he has become over the years.

What is a health coach?
“Someone who can help you change your behaviors in regards to nutrition and lifestyle by challenging your inner wisdom, identifying your values, and transforming your goals into actions.”

Why did you become a health coach?
"I became a health coach because I have experienced firsthand that given the chance, your body can heal itself through good nutrition. We have become so brain washed as a society that pizza is a vegetable and that pharmaceuticals are the way to fix every problem. I want to help as many people as I can learn how to create a lifestyle and learn the reason WHY Doritos aren’t good for you, not just learn to not eat them!"

What is your favorite thing about being a health coach?
"My favorite thing about being a health coach is when a client will text me with a victory moment! Something as simple as “I cleaned out my cupboards and stocked my fridge with real whole food” or “I forgave myself for for ‘x’ and now I understand why Idid that.” The breakthroughs are amazing to be a part of!"

What is the most challenging thing about being a health coach?
"It’s at times frustrating when you coach someone and realize that you want good health for them more than they do."

What is the biggest misconception on health coaching?
"There are a lot of different types of wellness coaches out there today with companies like Isogenix and BeachBody, this is not the same as a certified health coach. A certified Health Coach is a wellness authority and supportive mentor who motivates individuals to cultivate positive health choices and through education and support helps clients to achieve their health goals through lifestyle and behavior adjustments."

What is one piece of advice you would like to share with the world?
"There are so many! Probably that no matter what you suffer from; be it depression, obesity, diabetes, infertility, migraines, etc. your body knows how to heal itself when given the right tools (nutrient dense foods). That and maybe that fat doesn’t make you fat, sugar does. OH! And everything you put in your mouth will either help prevent disease or create it!"


I am so excited to share with all of your what I have been learning and the changes I've been making! 

4 comments:

P!nky said...

WOOHOO! Thanks so much for linking up with us! And love that you have a health coach, that's awesome! Can't wait to learn from you!

Bridget said...

This is awesome Kristin!!! I feel like the luckiest person since I'm married to a certified nutritionist and personal trainer...but I always love when people have a drive to get healthy and better their lives!! I'm so glad you found Danielle and she has been a great influence in your life!!!

Kari said...

I LOVE this post! Danielle is amazing and I feel really blessed to call her my friend- and coach too!

WinterBenson said...

Wow! I had no idea there was such a thing as a health coach! I love it! I'm totally jealous too. I wish I had one! ;)