Thursday, February 5, 2015

School

A couple of weeks ago, Kenley started "school". We enrolled her in a Parents Morning Out program on Wednesday mornings - which for us may as well have been shipping her off to college because no one but family has cared for Kenley since the day she was born. It was really important to us, though, to get her a little more socialized. Sure, she's got her buddies and she's always been great around other kids. But, playing in the backyard with your parent's friend's kids is a little different than being in a classroom with tons of kids and teachers. 
Kenley's first day & her cubby! Can you even stand it? 

Kenley has only been in "school" for 4 weeks but so far it couldn't be going any better. The first day she walked in there with no problems - didn't cry, didn't care that I left, felt perfectly at home. She's made some little buddies and from what the teachers have told me is a very good little student. **WARNING** major mom-brag-moment coming up...the teachers even told me they think Kenley is advanced. Talk about a mom beaming from ear to ear! Of course I think she is the smartest, most beautiful, incredible child to ever live but to hear someone else compliment my baby in that way was pretty stinkin' cool! They've suggested we enroll her in the early pre-school program this fall! EEP! Because she won't be three until November she then wouldn't be able to start pre-school until September 2016 and they seem to think that's much too long to wait. Their exact words were "she's ready". Bah! My baby! 
It makes my stomach turn thinking that my baby girl is already approaching pre-school, but, I am also really excited for this next stage. She has so much fun at school and I know that it is so good for her to be around other kids her age on a regular basis. Not to mention the fact that she has to take orders from someone other than us. But, I have to say, the very best part is the art projects that come home. That and when she runs to me and gives me a big hug when I pick her up. 



12 comments:

P!nky said...

GO lil Kenley! That's awesome, lady! She's so stinking cute in her pictures! Glad she likes school!

Erin LFF said...

Her and her little bee bag on the first day are just TOO MUCH to handle. I'm so glad she loved it right away and is enjoying it! :) And obviously she's brilliant- look at her mom!!!

Jessica said...

Yay, Kenley! You go, big girl!!! Can't believe our kids are nearing preschool age - makes me want to cry. Caleb will be in the 2 year old class next year (he is in Mom's Morning Out this year) and I almost can't stand the thought of it. Can't they just stay little and be home with us forever???

~Dawn~ said...

Her bee backpack...I die!! And of course she is advanced...she has the best mama!! ;)

Carolyn said...

Oh man! How is this possible?? What a cute little student!

Kayla MKOY said...

Oh my word!!! She's too cute! I can't even. I love her first day outfit!!! Hehe

Christelle said...

She's just the cutest little student with her bee bag and all bundled up in the last pic! PLUS, how awesome to get such amazing feedback, that's wonderful and a totally worthy proud mom brag moment!!

Beautiful and smart..that makes the whole package!

Unknown said...

Kris you have so much to be proud of and so do I. You are such a good mama it makes my heart swell. Every milestone will make your eyes leak a little bit and fill you with pride. I knew the Mou was advanced 😊
xo m

Katie @ yellowmangolife.blogspot.com said...

Oh goodness, how sweet is that little girl! And how tough is it to send them off to school? It's the worst. The absolute worst

ajs {of MN} said...

Yah kenley! School is seriously so great. If they think she's ready then jump right in she'll be great!

WinterBenson said...

Awww! I can't believe she's so big! What a cutie!

chenmeinv0 said...

true religion jeans
coach outlet
tory burch
polo ralph lauren shirts
christian louboutin
converse sneakers
adidas shoes
hollister outlet
coach bags
new balance shoes
chenyingying20170313