Friday, November 4, 2011

Sara Jayne


Tomorrow is Kristin & Jason’s BIG DAY! Yes, TOMORROW! For those of you who don’t know, I am their wedding photographer and feel so lucky to be one of the few who get to spend the entire day with them. My husband and I will be capturing all the special moments, and all those little details I know Kristin has spent hours making JUST perfect.  I promise to do my best to get some images out in a timely fashion for her to share with you here on the blog.

I’m honored that Kristin asked me to share some details about my own very special wedding day with all of you!  My husband and I were married on June 25th near my very tiny hometown in Iowa. The day was such a fairytale; it’s hard to encompass my thoughts about the day in just a few paragraphs. We have thousands of photos from our day (big surprise?) so it’s hard to pick just a few favorites to share with you today!

Here are some favorite highlights of the day.

My dress: I’m still trying to figure out how I can wear it again! I originally had purchased a very different dress but changed my mind somewhat at the last minute and don’t regret my decision at all. This Justin Alexander dress was so much fun to wear and dance in!!
{photo by Nate Jensen Creative}
My bouquet:
I was in LOVE with my bouquet – the fabulous Carra of LaPetite Fleur in St Paul is to thank for this beaut:
{photo by Nate Jensen Creative}
So much of our wedding was DIY, and centerpiece flowers were picked from the garden BUT my bouquet was one place where DIY just wasn’t going to cut it.


Favorite photo prop: Believe it or not, this is plastic and from Ikea. I spray painted the black frame to match our wedding colors. We used it for the photos of us and later put it in the photo booth so our guests could use it as well.
{photo by Jacquelyn Olson}

Favorite moment: “First look” with my handsome groom.  He was an adorable emotional wreck and it was the sweetest moment ever.  I was so excited to finally be with him and share the rest of our amazing day together. 
{photo by Nate Jensen Creative}

A few more favorite photos: We wanted to include locations and props that had special meaning to us. The big tree is on my parents’ farm and the tractor is one of several my dad has restored. 
{Photo by Nate Jensen Creative}
{photo by Jacquelyn Olson}
{photo by Kristina Lynn Photography}
Our wedding venue, the Prairie Pedlar is a photographer’s wonderland. Luckily its just a few miles from where I grew up in Iowa.  I’ve photographed a few weddings there over the years and dreamt about having my own wedding there someday. Even though there was a good chance of rain, we ended up with beautiful puffy clouds and a cool breeze. A dream come true.
{photo by Kristina Lynn Photography}
{photo by Nate Jensen Creative}

Favorite part of the reception: When John sang “Fly Me to the Moon” for our first dance. You read that right… SANG! We first met while singing karaoke, and he proposed with the same song, so its only fitting he would sing it for our first dance. I can’t even think about it without smiling from ear to ear.
{photo by Kristina Lynn Photography}
Fireworks were the icing on the cake (even though we had PIE) Need I say more?
{photo by Kristina Lynn Photography}
Thank you for letting me share our fairytale day with you all.

Kristin and Jason: My wish for you tomorrow is that your day is everything you have dreamt it to be and more. May you create wedding day memories to last through a lifetime of happiness and forever find joy in simply being by each other’s side. I am SO happy for you both and can’t wait to capture every special moment tomorrow so that you can relive the day over and over through the photos. It means the world that you have chosen me to be your photographer and friend.

{SJ} 

5 comments:

Katie said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures!! :)

Happy almost wedding day K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH

Carolyn said...

I love this! Can't wait to watch you work your magic tomorrow SJ! :)

Young and Fabulous said...

AHHHH gorgeous

happy almost wedding Day YAAAAHOOO!!!!!!

i remember first finding your blog and reading your engagement story. CHILLS! have a blast girlfrand!!

xoxoxo

Sara Jayne said...

K- Thank you for letting me share my wedding story on your blog! I am SO excited for tomorrow!!!

Amber said...

Kristin!!! I have been a horrible commenter lately, but I wanted to come by today and wish you the best!
You are going to look stunning, and I am sure everything will be amazing :)
Just remember to take a few minutes and take it all in, the day is going to FLY by!
Yay!