Thursday, March 20, 2014

Your Questions Answered {part 1}

Hi friends! Kenley and I are having an amazing vacation so far! I cannot tell you how good it feels to have the warm sun on my skin! I got some great questions from all of you and am excited to answer them and hopefully share info that will help you all to get to know me better {especially since there's quite a few new faces around here!}

Anyways, let's get to it:
 
 
Jessica & Becky asked: "Have you thought about when you want to give your little princess a brother or sister?"
I have thought about it A LOT and Jason and I have talked about it as well. We are both on the same page for now and neither one of us feels ready for another. Kenley was a BIG surprise {the best possible surprise} so we are just enjoying and loving our time with her. It's fun and exciting to think about adding another member to our family but we're in no rush. We want to buy our first home {hopefully} sometime soon and I think once we take that big step another kiddo will become a more serious conversation.

My real life friend, Sarah, asked : What is your advice for women who are not hoping not to get pregnant right now, but in about 9-12 months? Anything you wish you would have known or did differently in the pre-pregnancy period?
I love this question! Like I said, Kenley was a BIG surprise so there are definitely some things I would have liked to have in order before getting pregnant. The first being finances. In all honesty babies don't cost that much money so that was never a concern, but I would have liked to have more money saved so that I could have taken a longer maternity leave. All companies are different but I was only offered two weeks paid which unfortunately only allowed me to take 6 weeks. So definitely find out what you company offers before you're pregnant so you can plan accordingly. The other would be my body. After our wedding I put on abut 10 pounds of happiness weight and then got pregnant. I definitely wish I would have taken better care of myself so I would have started the pregnancy journey healthier {and smaller}. My advice would be to read up on pre-conception and conception so you know what your body is in for before that little seed is planted. I've actually read this book (because I'm obsessed with pregnancy) and thought it was great!
via

Dawn asks: If you had an entire day all to yourself, with no distractions..what would you do?
We're going to assume this perfect day is taking place in the summer because I prefer not to leave the house in the winter. But if I had a WHOLE day all to myself I would probably start with a nice long walk to Starbarks while listening to Britney. Then I'd drink my Iced Soy Chai poolside and remain there for several hours, reading books and wading in the pool OR even better reading books on a floaty IN the pool.
I'd follow that up with a mani/pedi, a facial and a message. And I'd end my day with a glass of wine and a chick flick {most like the Sec and the City movie or How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days}.


Carolyn asked: If you could have drinks with any person in the entire world (living or dead) who would it be?
If I could have drinks with anyone it would be Leonardo DiCaprio - I've been in love with him since 7th grade and he's such a private celebrity, I would love to just have a cocktail {or 5} and get to know his personality {and stare at his face}.
we look good together....right?




be sure to visit my friend:

14 comments:

P!nky said...

Great post, I liked learning more about you! xoxo

Dawn said...

That does sound like a PERFECT day! :)

And you look amazing next to Leo!

Dawn said...

That does sound like a PERFECT day! :)

And you look amazing next to Leo!

hello erin said...

You and Leo = power couple. FOR SURE. And your best day ever sounds like mine... Let's make it happen together. No juice allowed (unless in cocktail form).

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

That nice warm pool day sounds DIVINE! :)

Carolyn said...

OK. That photoshopping. SO FUNNY!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Your photoshopping cracks me up ! ha ! thanks for sharing this post :)

Kayla MKOY said...

Your day to yourself (in a dream world) sounds AMAZING! I love this! Caleb and I don't want little ones for a couple more years but this was a fun post to read!

Jessica said...

Love this! And seriously, if you ever get your dream day, take me with you:) Sounds amazing!

Family, Fun & Favorites said...

Love you and Leo together!
I agree with having more savings to stay home longer!!

Jenny said...

love love your perfect day! But summer needs to get here like yesterday!

Ashley said...

Your perfect day sounds pretty ideal! And you and Leo?! Such a cute couple, I think these bevvies need to happen soon!

ajs {of MN} said...

you and leo looks SO good. haha

can i join you on your perfect day. we dont even have to talk ;)

Leah D said...

We're in the same boat on baby #2. I love when you crop your face into pictures. It always makes me do a double take.