Monday, March 24, 2014

Your Questions Answered {part 2}

Kenley and I are soaking up our last day of sunshine and warmth {wah! don't make me leave!} so I'm back to answer more of your questions!

Carolyn asked: "What is the biggest thing you've learned about yourself in the past 5 years? Is it something you like about yourself or something you'd like to change?"
I think the biggest thing I've learned in the past few years is that it's OK to put myself {and Jason & Kenley}first. I've learned it's OK to say no to plans, it's OK to not feel up for something and it's OK to not spend all of my time trying to make everyone else happy. I think that friendships and family relationships change A LOT as you get older and at the end of the day you need to be a person you are proud of and you need to surround yourself with the people who inspire you to do that. I've learned that I'm a good friend and therefore deserve good friends. I've had a lot of relationships change or fizzle in the past 5 years but the group of people Jason and I have in our lives now will be the people who are in our lives forever!

Kari asked: Okay house question: When you and Jason decide to buy a house or move someday- where do you guys see yourselves living?? (Fingers crossed you say western 'burbs!)
Jason and I love where we are now, so we'll probably look for homes in our current neighborhood. I would really love to move to my home town {which is next door to where we currently live} but Jason isn't the biggest fan of that idea...so I guess we'll see. It should be interesting when we start to look for houses to see where we end up...but no matter what you won't be too far from you Kari! :)

Bridget asked: What are yours and J's 10 year goals/plans?
Oh man, 10 years seems like SO far away. In the next 5 years we plan on buying our first home and finishing having our babies so I think the plan for the 5 years after that will be to continue to grow our careers and to enjoy our family! I forsee a lot of sporting events, driving kiddos around and hopefully some fun family vacations!

Dawn asked: "Having been a mom now for over a year, what is the biggest thing that's surprised you about being a mom (something good or bad that you didn't expect)?"
I think the biggest surprise has been how much time is consumed being a mama...like ALL of my time. :) It's definitely not a bad thing but I for sure was one of those moms-to-be who thought I'd still be just as social and my day-to-day wouldn't change much. HA! It's funny that even when you have "you time" you are still thinking about your babe. Your entire life revolves around your little human and I just never expected to be so consumed with motherhood - I love everything about it! 


Have a great start to your week everyone!!!




be sure to visit my friend:

10 comments:

Ashley Brickner said...

Adorasble mama & baby! XOXO

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

I totally relate to the "every when alone thinking about your babe" part. It's so true! You're planning something or thinking about ok how do I do x with her or around her schedule. It's never ending. It's loads of fun but like you said all encompassing!

Dawn said...

I just love your answer to Carolyn's question. It's so important to put yourself and your family first and not feel bad about having to say no sometimes. And you're so right about not ever really having 'me' time because even when you're alone, you're constantly thinking about your little ones.

Carolyn said...

That first answer was like meant for my life. HAHAHAHA! You know that though. :) I'm excited to be stuck with you forever!

Ashley @ Life with Kids said...

what a fun series!! buying a house is so exciting and scary at the same time! hoping it works out in the timing and you get your other babies!!

atparsons.blogspot.com

Katie said...

Bloomington > Edina. Just saying :)

Jessica said...

You are so right about motherhood completely changing you! Like you, even on days when I am supposed to be having 'me' time, I still think about my little man. Today, I was supposed to be out shopping, and where did I end up? At baby Gap, picking up a few things for him! Sometimes I feel like my single/unmarried/non-mommy friends just don't understand how much life changes after you have a baby. They get upset that I can't do things at the drop of a hat anymore, and can't spend weekends away like I used to. But, that's just life right now. Maybe one day when they have children of their own, they'll understand, I guess! I would never change a thing about it, and am so thankful to be a mommy!:)

Kayla MKOY said...

I love that first one. I need to learn that its OK to say no to things, its OK to be you, its OK to not make plans :) love this.

Leah D said...

I totally agree with your "It's OK to say No" and having friends and friendships change. It's hard too, when you are the only one out of your friends who has a kid, let alone is married and has a significant other, too. Totally get it and been there.

Anonymous said...

I loved reading this post. I was very interested in your answers! You are such a good mama and I wait anxiously for the house as there is only one place for my Mou to go to school! xo m