Tuesday, March 25, 2014

{Guest Mama} Woodland Baby Shower

Happy Tuesday mamas, it's time for....

Here's what you do:
1. Write a post about ANYTHING baby {or pregnancy} related.
2. Add my button to your post.
3. Link your post with the link-up tool found at the end of all of my posts.
EASY PEASY! 


So by now you all know that one of my absolute favorite things is throwing parties! I don't care if it's a First Birthday, A BBQ Baby Shower or just a dinner party for a couple of friends...I LOVE to entertain! Today I'm really excited that Jessica is here to share an ADORABLE Woodland Themed Baby Shower - I'm seriously obsessed with some of these little details {particularly the little red birdie in the thermal hat}.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hi! I'm Jessica blogging over at The Journey of Autumn where I talk about our adventures raising a toddler, my love for throwing a good party and everything in between. Today I'll be sharing the woodland themed baby shower I threw recently.

 
In November I threw my best friend, Stacy's, baby shower for her soon to be baby Chase. She let me have full reign over the theme and everything else. Naturally, I went wild!

When I started thinking about a theme, I wanted something that was masculine without having blue everything. I'm so in love with all the woodland creatures that have been filling the stores and thought it'd make the cutest boy baby shower theme. I started with this simple and cute invite from Etsy.
Via
My inspiration was rich colors, forest things and of course lots of woodland creatures.


{food/drinks}
I wanted some simple but good food that would be easy to re-fill and wouldn't get cold.We had some sandwiches, Chick-fil-A nuggets, crackers and dips, pasta salad and other small appetizers.



Some mason jars, washi tape, water and fresh cranberries created the perfect accent to the food counter.

 And a 'moss' ball to go with the theme. A green onion cheese ball covered in parsley. It was delish!

For drinks, I made this drink we always have at family parties. It doesn't have an actual name, but it's just lime sorbet with Sprite poured over it. It's so simple and absolutely delish! It foams up when the Sprite is added which went perfectly with the woodland theme.



We also had a hot cocoa bar! This was one of my favorite parts of the party. I used a CrockPot recipe for the actual hot cocoa. (A note to this recipe, it takes far longer, about double the time, for the chocolate to melt than the recipe actually calls for. I also added more milk because it was too rich.)
I used these super cute tin buckets with chalkboard labels and some glass bowls with chalkboard labels I added. I used them to set out the crushed peppermint, candy canes, marshmallows and straws. There was also whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles, oh my. The cups were just simple ones from Party City so I fancied them up with a fox stamp. It added just a little something more. The birch straws went perfectly with the decor too!


{desserts}
There were two types of cupcakes...lemon with blueberries and red velvet, both with cream cheese frosting. The red velvet cupcakes were made to look like mushrooms by adding white chocolate chips upside down. The other ones were an earthy green with some pine cone toothpicks. We also had chocolate chip cookies and chocolate covered pretzels. Simple but oh so yummy!



 {decor}
I really lucked out in the decor department because all the woodland decor was already out! Most of the woodland creatures were from Target. I also used some burlap, mason jars, kraft paper and bunting leftover from my daughters birthday party.
 I made some bunting of the babies name and another banner with some prints I did. I found a plaid pattern, the deer head and made this 'Oh, Boy' banner. I love how it turned out!



One of my favorite pieces are the baby's initials 'C.P.J.' covered in moss. I bought the moss and cardboard letters at Hobby Lobby and simply glued the moss onto the letters. The best part, these can be used in the nursery too!


{favors}
As a 'thank you' gift to all the guests, they received a mason jar filled with all the fixings to make s'mores.

I originally got the idea of s'mores in a jar from Jess at Little Baby Garvin. I then added a tag stamped with 'thank you' and tied it on with twine. Another IG friend gave me the idea of adding heating instructions. I printed them on a plaid pattern sheet with some simple heating instructions to make them in the oven if you don't have a fire. Although, a fire is still the only best way to make s'mores!

In all our excitement of the shower, nobody took any other pictures! We have lots of gift opening and not much else. #oops

We had a wonderful time with the mama to be, eating, visiting, laughing and celebrating Mr. Chase. I can't wait to meet my little 'nephew' to be!






be sure to visit my friend:

14 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks for having me girl!!

WinterBenson said...

Wow! I'm loving that theme! So cute!

WinterBenson said...

Oh, and your link up isn't working ;)

Jess Beer said...

So cute! I'm obsessed with squirrels so you know I love this theme!

Oh, and the link up isn't in here yet mama!

Dawn said...

Such a cute theme!!

Carolyn said...

Such an adorable baby shower!! I love all the details!!

ajs {of MN} said...

so super cute! i loved the "mossy" cheese ball and the birch paper straws!

Sara McCarty said...

Oh, this is so cute! I love all the woodsy decorations, with the plaid and the pinecones. How perfect!

Sarah said...

SO cute! Great job!

Kayla MKOY said...

This looks amazing!!! I love the favors, and all that foo?! SO yummy! :)

Ashley @ Life with Kids said...

What an adorable shower!!! If I lived in a different house and a boy was joining our family I think I'd have to go with this theme fr the nursery!! Awesome job and I think the cupcakes are my fave!!


atparsons.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

Thank you everyone, ya'll are way too sweet!!!

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh, WOW! This all looks so amazing!

Unknown said...

cartier sunglasses
kate spade handbags
lululemon uk
oakley sunglasses wholesale
true religion uk
prada outlet
nike blazer pas cher
mulberry outlet
prada sunglasses
tory burch outlet
ray-ban sunglasses
mulberry handbags
michael kors handbags
hollister shirts
true religion outlet
toms outlet
polo ralph lauren
air jordan shoes
mcm backpack
ferragamo outlet
christian louboutin shoes
louis vuitton outlet online
cheap snapbacks
ralph lauren outlet
true religion jeans outlet
oakley sunglasses wholesale
ferragamo outlet
michael kors outlet online
michael kors handbags
kobe shoes
nike roshe run
mlb jerseys
hermes birkin
hermes belt
true religion jeans
chanyuan0604