Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Now Hiring!


Coffee Buzz is officially hiring! I placed an ad on Craigslist last night and sent out an e-mail to my sorority's chapter and I already have OVER 100 responses!

It is so fascinating to see what people send you when looking for a job, especially in this economy. We have so many applicants who send such professional resumes and cover letters and are way over qualified for this job. On the other hand, I cannot believe that some people think they are going to find a job sending the crap they send. A word of advise, PROOF READ your resume and your e-mail before you send it!!! Also, if the ad asks for availability and a resume, then send BOTH! Don't send me an e-mail that says, "Hi my name is Kristin and I am interested in this job." That means NOTHING to me! All I know about you is your name! One more thing, people always say to edit your facebook page in case employers look at it...well do it! You better believe I am creeping all of these people on FB and if your picture is anything over rated PG-13, you're gone.

Needless to say, this process is going to be an interesting one. There are a lot of very qualified, really great people who have applied. It's going to be so hard to figure out who we will interview! This was something I was extremely stressed and nervous about, but after seeing so many great people I am very confident we're going to get a great Buzz team together!

No comments: