Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Belly {weeks 9-12}


Size of the baby?  
Baby has grown from the size of an olive to the size of a plum in just 4 weeks! 

Total Weight Gain/Loss?  
Up 4 pounds already. bah.

Maternity Clothes?  
I bought a maternity swimsuit because if it suddenly gets to be pool weather I WILL NOT be wearing a bikini. So might as well take the plunge and get a preggo suit, right? 
ps. Did you know they have fake bellies at maternity stores for trying on clothes?!?! I did NOT. Needless to say that was the strangest moment of my life putting that puppy on. Yes there is a picture and NO I will not be sharing it. 
But this is the suit I got:
cute, right?

Stretch marks?  
None to be seen yet! Hallelujah

Best Moments?  
Week 9: This week was really rough. My allergies are so brutal and there is no safe medication strong enough to give me any relief. Feeling like crap and being so tired made me extra crabby this whole week BUT still no morning sickess...so that's the best moment of this week...YAY! 

Week 10: Telling my boss! It's a very nerve-racking thing because obviously a preggo lady is not the most ideal employee! Especially since I've only worked here 6 months. BUT, he was absolutely incredible. I am so lucky to have the job that I do and to have such a kickass boss. I literally felt drunk from relief after telling him. 

Week 11: My first doctors appointment! I absolutely adore my doctor, I've been seeing her since I was 15 and she got me through my endo-drama. Seeing her made me feel so good about everything! Plus seeing the baby is always a MAJOR moment. We could see the heart beating away and a tiny white line that is the spine! I also had my husby and bff there to entertain me:
this would be them using the light a a microphone. love them! 

Week 12:  FINALLY, up to date! This week has been rough so far. I am just too tired to function. I'm tired to the point where I feel sick, but no matter how much sleep I get I still feel exhausted. BUT, the best moment of this week without question was going public! I was SO overwhelmed by all the love, this little nugget is a lucky one. 

Movement? 
Not yet, but apparently only another month or two 'til I can feel the nugget squirming around. 


Food Cravings?  
These past few weeks I have been dying over Pasta Roni White Cheddar Shells. 
Literally, could eat a box for every meal. 

Anything making you queasy or sick? 
I've gagged a few times while brushing my teeth and I get queasy when I go too long without eating. It's strange that I can tell the baby needs more nutrients. I am hungry way more often and get stripped of all energy when I go too long without eating, which makes me queasy. 

What I miss?  
Giving up alcohol has been a lot easier than I anticipated. I don't miss getting drunk but I do miss having a cocktail with friends or a glass of wine with dinner. 

What I'm looking forward to?  
Going public with the news! A lot of friends and family already know, but it will be nice when it's no longer a secret. Which, by the time you read this it won't be!

Nausea/Vomiting?  
I've had some bouts of nausea here and there, more-so in the past couple of weeks but it's been pretty minimal and I haven't puked once! I am sooo grateful! 

Labor signs?  
Still got a ways to go before that fun starts. 

Gender? 
Still won't know for a while, but according to thebump.com's Chinese Gender Chart, we're having a girl! 
via thebump

Belly Button In or Out?  
Still in there.

Wedding rings On or Off?  
Still on. Whoop! 

Sleep?  

Wisdom?  
Everyone has an opinion and when you're pregnant they're not afraid to share it. You and your baby-daddy need to figure out what is best for you and stick with it, despite what other people say. It's your baby to grow and raise, so if you mess up it's only your fault and when everything goes awesome you get all the credit! 

READ all of my bumpdates by clicking HERE! 



18 comments:

Erin said...

Soo glad we are up-to-date now and can follow along with you :) I can't imagine how good that must feel to have all your friends, family AND boss know now!!!

Ps- that Chinese gender chart is weirdly accurate. My friends and I spent wayyy too long of an evening figuring out different preggo friend's and MOST were right! ;)

Schnelle said...

I never heard of the Chinese Gender Chart until now; that's so neat. I can't wait to see just how accurate it is.

Lia Joy said...

Love your maternity swim suit! So glad everything is going smoothly for you thus far! And YAY for wrapping up your first trimester! :)

Ruthie Hart said...

I bet you look SO Cute in the picture with the fake belly!! And how did you tell your family?!?!?

Kelly B. said...

Baby daddy!! BAHA I died. I'm totally calling M that even though we'll be married when we have a kid

Gina said...

I'd never seen the Chinese Gender Chart. Just tried it out and it we're having a boy....we'll find out Monday.

J and A said...

That chart is cool. Eager to hear!!! That bathing suit is great!!

Kelsey said...

love love the swimsuit! Cannot wait till there is belly picture included with these post!

MIL said...

Hello to my DIL of the baby's daddy! Funny, but you and Jason are going to be excellent parents of a baby girl? You two have the "Great Eight" experience, and that is damn good, ohhhh no cussing anymore. Miss you, LOVE YOU and J AND Bailee Mae (who chicken Grandma gets to see soon)!

Anonymous said...

Just got caught up on your last few posts. As always a beautiful job and loving the maternal side starting to show. xoxo

Katie said...

eeeek!!!! PLUM! WOOOOOOOO!

Caroline said...

Hey, those Chinese gender charts are freakishly correct. Watch out!

Kristen @ All In My Twenties said...

back to your black and white with the swimsuit!! ;) I LOVE it!! So freakin cute, but I still think you would be adorable in a 2 piece!!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Love that suit! So cute!

Kristen said...

if i had to find a preggo suit for you, that's the one i would have chose. hands down.

Young and Fabulous said...

baby baby baby!!

so excited to read all these weekly updates and AHH a girl!! cant wait to find out what you're having!!

:-) :-)

xoxoxo

PS that swimsuit is ROCKIN!!! SEXY MAMA!

Nobody said...

SO excited for you! We have been actively trying for a year - with no luck - so I am very jealous, too! :) New follower!

Nicole-Lynn said...

OMG love the Pasta Roni White Cheddar Shells! I haven't had them in forever!